Based on their interests, students entering the multidisciplinary program will choose one of four educational tracks that focus on molecular biosciences (MBGC), integrative biosciences (CBNP), infectious disease and immunity (I3), or biomedical engineering (BME). Each track provides a structured education in one of four broad biomedical subject areas and yet encourages students to develop their own curriculum on their specialized research interest.
Faculty mentors may be members of more than one educational track, thereby allowing students greater flexibility in choosing the track that fits their educational needs. In addition, students may apply for consideration by more than one track, and it is possible to move between tracks once enrolled.
Courses include * Cellular Pathology-Lambert
* Molecular Genetics of Model Organisms
* Protein Dynamics in Health and Disease
* Nucleic Acids-Modak
* Cancer Biology-Moran/Ozer
* Bioinformatics, Genomics and Proteomics-Li/Tian
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
* Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records, personal statement defining your professional goals and outlining you would be successful in the program, recommendations from individuals, preferably academic instructors, who have direct knowledge of the applicant's academic performance in science-related fields, and a CV/resume is also recommended. Applicants must submit at least 3 recommendations and are encouraged to include a letter from a laboratory mentor if they have undertaken research.
* Applicants (except those holding degrees of MD, DDS, DVM, DSc, or DO from accredited institutions in the United States) are required to submit general test results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). TOEFL scores for foreign students.
* In your statement, please define your professional goals and outline why you would be successful in our program.
All first year PhD students are supported by departmental or university fellowships or graduate assistantships, which provide stipend, tuition remission, and sometimes student fees for the first year.After the first year, students will be supported by their advisors through fellowships and graduate assistantships.
There are also a number of multi-year fellowships available for advanced students through NSF and NIH training programs. BME also has a limited number of teaching assistantships for graduate students who demonstrate outstanding teaching skills.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.