The purpose of our graduate program is to inform multidisciplinary research perspective in the field of materials science and mechanical engineering and to educate tomorrows problem-solvers in light of increased competitiveness and new global challenges. Our approach in our graduate level training is to motivate students to conduct ground breaking research in materials science and mechanical engineering. Our program offering a PhD degree is conducted in English and can be completed in four years.
Why should I choose AGU Mechanical Engineering?
There are many reasons to prefer AGU Mechanical Engineering.
* You will have the opportunity to become an engineer who starts one step ahead of others with 100% English education.
* You will have the opportunity to take language education in the United States to improve your English skills.
* You will have the opportunity to study with an original, innovative, and flexible curriculum.
* You will have the opportunity to take advantage of the experiences of people in the business world and academia.
* You will have the opportunity to take education through interactive classes and advanced laboratory facilities.
* You will have the opportunity to take education close to industry with long term internships.
* You will have the opportunity to embrace the concept of innovation and be creative.
* You will have the opportunity to take advantage of career coaching system that will help you to build up a strong career.
* You will have the opportunity to be exposed to valuable experiences that you will benefit throughout your life.
* You will have the opportunity to learn from and interact closely with world-class faculties whom have intensive international experience.
Materials Science and Mechanical Engineering
Course Catalog (Subject to change)Required Courses * Seminar
* Ph.D. Thesis
* Special Topics
Elective Courses * Materials Science for Engineers
* Thermodynamics of Materials
* Mechanical Properties of Materials
* Electronic Materials
* Composit Materials
* Chemistry and Physics of Surfaces and Interfaces
* Materials Characterization Techniques I
* Materials Characterization Techniques II
* Soft Nanomaterials
* Nonlinear Finite Elements
* Continuum Mechanics
* Theory of Elasticity
* Numerical Method
* Advanced Dynamics
* Micromechanics of Materials
* Theory of Plasticity
* Heat and Mass Transfer
* Advanced Numerical Methods
* Nonlinear Dynamics
* Nonlinear Elasticity
* Wave Propagation in Elastic Media
* Random Oscillations of Mechanical Systems
* Nano/Micro Mechanical Systems
* Mechanics of Composits
* Applicants who have a score of 79 and above from TOEFL IBT, a score of average 6.5 and above (each skill min. 6) from IELTS (it is valid if it is got earlier than 14th Feb 2014), a score of 67 and above from PTE or a score 65 and above from AGU IYS are exempted,
* Applicants who have a score of 75-78 from TOEFL IBT, a score of average 5.5-6.0 (each skill min. 5.5) from IELTS (it is valid if it is got earlier than 14th Feb 2014), a score of 55-66 from PTE or a score of 60-64 from AGU IYS take the English courses determined by Administrative Board of Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences.
* English Language requirement is not sought from the applicants who have graduated from the programs whose medium of instruction is 100% English.
YDS/UDS/KPDS scores are not valid. ALES SAY score should be minimum 70 or GRE score should be minimum 708 according to the old score system and 155 according to the new system. ALES or the equivalent GRE scores are valid for three years. (It is obligatory for Turkish students to have an ALES score.)
Equivalency Table of 4,00 and 100 Grading System prepared by Council of Higher Education (YÖK) serves as a basis for calculation of GPA.
ALES score of applicants who apply to a PhD program with a bachelor's degree should be minimum 80 and their GPA should be minimum 3.00.
The Abdullah Gül University offers a full scholarship (covering 100% of the tuition fees) to the top 10% of our international students.
Moreover AGU also provides:
-Free top-quality laptop computers during you time in AGU
-Constant support and help (regarding immigration, academic, daily life matters, etc.)
The scholarship is open to all students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree program in Turkey on the following conditions:
-Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
-Applicants should have medal(s) in the International Science Olympiads.
-Applicants who hold a high school diploma or who are currently enrolled in their last year of high school are eligible to apply for scholarship on the condition that they should enroll in an undergraduate program related to topic of the Olympiad.
-Medal winners who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in Turkey are also eligible for the scholarship on the condition that they are enrolled in an undergraduate program related to topic of the Olympiad.
The scholarship will consist of:
-A monthly stipend of 1.000 Turkish Liras (TL)
-Tuition fee (up to 2,000 Turkish Liras (TL))
-The scholarship lasts four to six years depending on the duration the undergraduate degree program enrolled.
-All scholarship awardees who successfully complete an undergraduate program will be rewarded scholarship for graduate program on the condition that they are admitted to a graduate program at a Turkish University.
-Awardees must begin their undergraduate program within one year of having been notified of the award.