* If you love to read
* If you have multiple intellectual interests
* If you would like to broaden your intellectual horizons
* If you need a masters degree to advance your position or increase your salary
* If you wish to add intellectual spice to your retirement
* If you wish to explore ideas in a serious and systematic way
THEN the Masters of Arts in Liberal Studies is for YOU.
The program is designed for mature students with varied work and life experiences. Small classes encourage the in-depth exploration of ideas. Classes meet at convenient times, either in the late afternoon or early evening, in order to accommodate returning students who work. If you like to read and then discuss the ideas your reading has generated; if you have intellectual interests which you wish to explore and cross-fertilize; if you wish to acquire knowledge beyond the professional specialty in which you are already an expert, Liberal Studies may be just what you are looking for.
* Women, Men and Work
* Magic and Ritual Power
* Social Psychology in the Real World
* Myth and Meaning in America
* Psychology of Religious Beliefs, Symbols, and Experiences
* Understanding Technological Change: Histories and Philosophies
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
Financial aid in the form of grants, loans, and part-time employment is available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. No financial aid is available for international students.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.