Computing systems and technologies have become increasingly essential for modern practice of medicine, pharmaceutical and clinical research, efficient and effective management of health care, and health professions education.
To address an increasing demand for well-trained researchers, educators, and managers in the expanding field of biomedical informatics, and a growing critical need for informatics training, the Department of Health Informatics offers a comprehensive curriculum leading to Ph.D. in Biomedical Informatics, M.S. in Biomedical Informatics, and a post-baccalaureate level Certificate in Health Care Informatics.
To cater to distance education students the Certificate, M.S and PhD Degree programs are all offered completely online over the Internet. Nearly all of the students get employed immediately after their graduation.
* Health Care Information Systems
* Biomedical Modeling &\ Decision Making Systems
* Biomedical Informatics in Clinical Trials Management
* Introduction to Biomedical Informatics
* Controlled Medical Terminology
* SAS Applications in Biomedical and Clinical Research
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
If you are pursuing a master's degree or professional, terminal degree, Rutgers can help you find fellowships and scholarships to support your advanced study.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.