Students interested in political science have the option of pursuing the B.A. in International Political Economy & Diplomacy or the B.A. in Social Science/Political Science Track. Political Economy and Diplomacy represent two of the important areas of concentration within Political Science. The B.A. in International Political Economy & Diplomacy is especially designed for students interested in working in areas such as the foreign service, with an international organization or with a non-governmental organization (NGO). The B.A. in Social Science/Political Science track has a more general focus and students may easily transfer between either of the majors during the first two years of study in the College of Public and International Affairs.
Students choosing the Political Science Track within the B.A. in Social Science may take up to one third of their courses in Political Science. They are required to take a minimum of 24 credits in political science which include the six semesters hours needed to fulfill the B.A. in Social Science requirement as well as 18 semester.
Career opportunities traditionally available to liberal arts students are much enhanced by the flexibility that the Social Science major permits. In its interdisciplinary approach, its emphasis on breadth as well as depth of learning, and its focus on practical skills, this program prepares students for leadership roles in their communities and the world, and for self-fulfillment and success in their careers. Career tracks:
The learning outcomes for the Social Science Program are as follows:
* Note for all International College majors, a portfolio is collected to track progress in programmatic outcomes
Concentration in Political Science (18 Semester Hours from the following)
Additional PSCI courses may be approved by the Political Science advisor
12 Total Credits
Total Semester Hrs: 120
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
IELTS band : 6 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
You can demonstrate proof of English Language competency by meeting any one of the criteria listed below:
1. A letter certifying completion of level 6 at the Universitys English Language Institute (ELI).
Attainment of a satisfactory score on the University of Bridgeports English Language Assessment Battery (ELAB).
2. A minimum TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT), or 61 (IBT) for undergraduates and a minimum score of 550 (PBT), 213 (CBT), or 80 (IBT) for graduates (post-graduates).
3. A minimum IELTS (Cambridge Testing) Band score of 6.0 for Undergraduates and a minimum Band score of 6.5 for graduates (post-graduates).
4. A transcript from an accredited American university indicating a grade of C or better in one semester of college English Composition.
5. Critical Reading SAT score of 400 or above; or ACT English score of 19 or above.
6.An official letter certifying completion of ELS (English Language Service) through level 112.
7.An official letter certifying completion of CSE (The Center for English Studies) through level 7.5.
8. A Michigan English Assessment Battery (MELAB) score of 69 or above for undergraduates and score of 77 or above for graduates.
9. A Prueba de Aptitud Academica (PAA) English achievement score of 500 or above.
10. A level of Advanced on the English Language Proficiency Test of the College Board.
11. An official O level or A level Certificate indicating a grade of C or better in English.
12. An EIKEN score of Grade 2A or above for undergraduates and a score of Grade Pre-1 or above for graduates.
13. A score of 4 or better on the English A Higher Level examination in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program.
14. WAEC, WASSE, CXC, etc. Score of C or better on English Language exam.
15. A minimum Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) score of 44 for undergraduates and a minimum PTE Academic score of 53 for graduates (post-graduates).
You must demonstrate English language competency in one of the ways listed above. If you dont demonstrate English language competency in one of these ways prior to registration, you will be given the University English Language Assessment Battery (ELAB) test upon arrival. If you pass at a satisfactory level, you may begin classes.
No work experience is required.
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.