This Bachelor in Finance is designed for students who are keen to start a career in investment banking and finance. Students in this program are confident and can continually adapt to constant changes in the world of finance and economics.
The objective of this program is to understand and manage all financial aspects within a private or public corporation and to gain a detailed knowledge of issues that are concerned with domestic and international financial institutions. The Bachelor in Finance program provides students with an in-depth understanding of the concepts and practices applied in today`s financial industry and their influence in global economy.
The program requires the successful completion of 180 credits (which represent, 1800 contact hours plus a total of 3600 study hours). The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Bachelor’s, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: General Education (69 ECTS), Core Courses (72 ECTS), Elective Courses (3 ECTS) and the following Orientation Courses (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major:
Portfolio Management II
Mathematics of Finance I
Mathematics of Finance II
Risk Management and Insurance
Hedge Fund Analysis & Management
International Banking & Wealth Management
Financial Software Tools
GBS’s selection process emphasises leadership potential, academic ability, personal qualities and competencies. We are looking for candidates with managerial experience, people skills and a proven academic record.
- Completed application form with passport photo included
- Photocopy of all academic diplomas or certificates
- Official English exam results: IELTS 5.5, TOEFL IBT 66, proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years, or successful completion of the university’s admission examination.
- Photocopy of your passport
- Receipt for the payment of the application fee (EUR 150)
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Recommendation letter