The Masters program in Social Psychology focuses on both individual and group behavior in formal and informal social contexts.
It studies how people behave in their social surroundings and what influences this behavior. Particularly problems related to consumer behavior, work and organizational behavior and decision making in social, economic and organizational contexts are important themes in this Masters program.
Related to these themes, two separate tracks have been formed, each with its own focus and study program:
The common denominator of the two tracks is that they all refer to specific disciplines within social psychology. The difference between the tracks is the focus on the type of behavior. The economic psychology track caters to students who want to specialize in economic and consumer behavior. The work and organizational track caters to students who want to specialize in work behavior. Both tracks prepare for an academic and a vocational career.
Both tracks consist of 60 Credits (ECTS), equivalent to 1,680 hours of study, divided into four units. The last two units are reserved entirely for writing your Masters Thesis.
The program consists of the following courses:
Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence
For the academic year 2014-2015 Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences has 8 scholarships available for excellent international students who are admitted to a Master's program at our School.
The Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence includes:
· A scholarship of 5000 for living expenses;
· A partial tuition waiver
To qualify for a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence, you must fulfill the following admission requirements, in addition to the regular requirements for admission to a Master's program:
· Candidates must have graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) in their relevant (under)graduate program or graduate in the top 10% of their class.
· Candidates should provide a motivation letter.
· Candidates must have been admitted to one of the graduate programs at Tilburg University.
· Candidates must be newly enrolled at Tilburg University
On the basis of the following selection criteria, the selection committee of each school will select the recipients of the Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence:
· The academic results in the relevant (under)graduate program
· The quality and content of the motivation letter
· The language test score
· Tilburg University strives for a balanced participation in terms of nationality
Tilburg University Scholarships for Academic Excellence are awarded for one academic year. Candidates applying for one of the Research Master programs will have to apply for the scholarship again for their second year of their Research Master program.
To apply for a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence you should:
1. State in the application form that you graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) in a relevant (under)graduate program or graduate in the top 10% of your class.
2. Download the motivation letter
3. Send the motivation letter together with your application for the Masters program before the deadline of 1 April 2014
Accredited by NVAO