The M.S. program in Computer Engineering aims to provide advanced education and a cutting edge research experience in computer engineering. The focus of the program is excellence in research. Graduates of the program can join industry or continue their research careers in Ph.D. in Computer Engineering programs.
Research Groups * Computational Systems Biology Group (COSBI)
* Multimedia, Vision & Graphics Laboratory (MVGL)
* Center for Advanced Design Technologies (DESIGNTECH)
* Intelligent User Interfaces Laboratory (IUI)
* Networked and Distributed Systems Laboratory (NDSL)
* Cryptography, Security, and Privacy Research Group (CRYPTO)
* Machine Learning and Information Retrieval Group (MLIR)
* Articial Intelligence Laboratory (AI)
The criteria outlined below are determined by the Higher Education Council of Turkey.
Students who are in their senior year at high school or who graduated from high school and who satisfy at least one of the below criteria may apply as international students.
International students can apply directly to undergraduate programs offered at Koç University OR be admitted into our English Language Center (ELC) preparatory year.
Since English is the language of instruction at Koç University, it is essential that you demonstrate competence in the language:
o TOEFL: IBT 80 WRT 20 / CBT 213 / PBT: 550 TWE: 4
o YDS: 80 (Yabancı Dil Sınavı – mostly for Turkish applicants)
Please note: it is not sufficient to have proficiency in English. International students are also required to satisfy the minimum acceptable scores or diploma grades in the exams or diplomas listed in Acceptable Exams and Diplomas and Minimum Eligibility Scores and Gradessection.
Financial AidThe students who get the KU full-scholarship, will be supported with one of thepackages below;
For MS Students (Thesis Programs):
* Students admitted with a BS/BA degree will have the folowfing offer: * Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1,150 TL monthly stipend, housing.
For PhD Students:
* Students admitted with a BS/BA degree will have the following offer: * Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1,150 TL monthly stipend, housing. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
* Students admitted with a MS/MA degree will have the following offer: * Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1, 400 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier
* All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
* Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
* PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 2,500 TL .
* Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBITAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
* Research Award: 1,300 TL
* Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
* Research Award for PhD students: 2,000 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.