In the first semester, the theories are corporate governance on the agenda - including about management principles and management theory, value-based management and corporate ethics, operational management as well as bases of decisions and actions in organizations.
The second semester deals with various fields of management, especially in the health and social services and provides scientific expertise. It focuses on the areas of change management and organizational development, leadership and crisis management and crisis communication.
In the third semester so-called key skills such as public speaking, presentation and argumentation techniques - and, not least, the study of the project management and process controls learned. In addition, important business management basics such as controlling, accounting and cost accounting.
In the fourth and final semester you create your master thesis.
Leadership and management skills
* Understand organizational relationships and values-based action
* Understand organizations as systems and lead
* Recognize and optimize structures, processes and resources
* Develop strategies and develop solutions
* Complex processes control, identify risks early
* Learn how to deal with crises
* Think conceptually and strategically, implement Acquired goal-oriented
Leadership and Personality Development
* Lead solution-oriented staff, interact with interdisciplinary colleagues
* Established expertise embody, but at the same time soft skills mastered
* Act in terms of value orientation and business ethics as a model
* Other inspire, motivate and encourage identification with the company
Change Management and Capacity building
* Change processes - internal and external - identify timely and correctly interpret
* Respond with the right methods internally to changes, initiate processes and control
* Sustainable, eco-friendly make decisions and act accordingly
* Fostering organizational change competently and lead success-oriented