Format: The 75-day programme is designed to meet the needs of working people and business founders. It consists of 10 blocks of attendance, comprising various mandatory and elective modules.
During your studies, you can avail yourself of our personal development programme and the associated mentoring programme as well as our Individual Leadership Development Programme. Our individual leadership style analysis is a special offer for Executive MBA participants. It focuses on the development process of responsible leadership in the context of internationally oriented organisations and companies.
Learning environment: classroom sessions, small interdisciplinary teams, constructive participant-to-lecturer ratios, case studies, company visits, evening sessions
Teaching staff: The staff includes professors from TUM, Tsinghua University Beijing, and other internationally renowned universities. In addition to the main lecturers for each module, the Executive MBA involves numerous other experts from academia and industry who share their experience and create direct connections with the professional environment.
Globalisation and exchange: As well as working in Munich, you will gain international experience by spending time at Tsinghua University Beijing (China).
Study abroad unit(s)
For many years, TUM has enjoyed close strategic cooperation with Tsinghua University in Beijing. As a result, our MBA students have the opportunity to study at one of Asia's most renowned universities and visit courses at Tsinghua School of Economics and Management as well as at the Institute of Public Relations & Strategic Communications.
The two-week stay in Beijing provides an overview of one of the world's most dynamic economies and its political, historical, and cultural features. Particular attention is paid to the specifics of communications in China, in and with the media as well as with business partners. In addition, company visits and evening sessions with experienced entrepreneurs paint an authentic picture of economic life in China.
Forms of assessment
Grading is based on presentations, case studies and assignments during and between the attendance blocks. Following the attendance blocks, your Master's thesis has to be written within three months on a topic/project of your choice. Both the graded tasks and the Master's thesis are directly related to the working environment, benefiting the students and the companies in equal measure.
When you choose the Executive MBA at the TUM School of Management, you are choosing one of the most renowned universities in Germany and Europe!
- Learn holistically with our integrated management approach
- Choose the right combination: general management with leadership and communication
- Acquire intercultural skills by discussing global issues, participating in the international student body and stays abroad
- Learn bilingually in English and German
- Stay up to date through our demand-oriented continuing education with our foundation partners and numerous other business partnerships
- Get the best of both worlds with cutting-edge international research and entrepreneurial practice
- Push yourself through personal development options during the MBA course
- Benefit from sufficient attention through individual support and proficient organisation
- Make connections by networking with other students and alumni
- Get to know our excellent partner centre abroad: Tsinghua University in Beijing.