This innovative programme provides advanced knowledge and skills in international business, cross-cultural management and international entrepreneurship. It will improve your ability to operate in a multicultural context and equip you for careers in multinational companies, as well as enhance your capability to develop your own entrepreneurial ventures.
* MSc: 12 months full-time;
The consultancy project offers you the opportunity to advise a real company on a real business problem. These action-learning projects will give you practical experience that will assist you when finding employment or establishing your own international new venture. You will be equipped to deal with business situations and be able to make an immediate contribution to a management role.
Career opportunities include positions in financial analysis, development, client services management, contract management, sales & marketing, consultancy and enterprise. Many of our graduates go one to start their own companies in the UK or abroad.
This programme consists of both core and optional courses and concludes with a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation, on a topical issue associated with International Business and Entrepreneurship.
You will develop practical, intellectual and transferable skills through a range of group and individual activities and will be involved in active learning in multi-cultural groups with simulations, real life case studies and scenario investigations involving a series of workshops, seminars and presentations.
You will benefit from career development sessions involving essay and exam answering workshops, CV writing sessions, interview simulations, careers advice shops and job marke analysis meetings.
* Entrepreneurial finance
* Global business environment
* International entrepreneurship & innovation
* International management solutions (Team projects undertaken on behalf of Scottish companies)
* International strategic management
* Managing across cultures and comparative management
* Managing the multinational enterprise & subsidiaries
* Market analysis
* Research methods.
2 taken, 1 from each of the lists below
* Digital entrepreneurship
* Entrepreneurial perspectives on internationalisation
* International business ethics
* Managing innovation and technology transfer.
* American business and management in an international context
* Business environment in China
* European business environment
* Learning and development.
This programme is designed for graduates with talent, ambition and entrepreneurial flair, who would like to develop a career in international business, international entrepreneurship or venture management. It will provide in-depth insights into international business disciplines and cultivates practical abilities, especially in the areas of strategy design and planning, opportunity identification, managing across cultures and project development.