* Learning Goal 1 for Students: Attain marked ability, scholarship, research and leadership skills in areas of endocrinology and integrative physiology as they relate to improving animal and human health
* Learning Goal 2 for Students: Engage in and conduct original research in endocrinology and integrative physiology that relates to animal or human health.
* Learning Goal 3 for Students: Prepare to be professionals in careers that require training at the highest levels in endocrinology and integrative physiology as they relate to animal and human health
I. Endocrinology * Endocrinology
* Recent Advances in Endocrinology
* Exercise Endocrinology
II. Integrated Physiology
* Physiology of Reproduction
* Equine Exercise Physiology
* Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology
* Nutrition: A Biochemical and Physiological Basis
III. Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
* Molecular and Cellular Physiology
* General Biochemistry
* Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
* Molecular Biology of Cells
IV. Statistics * Basic Statistics for Research
* Design of Experiments
* Introduction to Biostatistics
Personal statement, official transcript(s), resume, and three letters of recommendation
In your personal statement (500-800 words) describe your academic and research background. What are your current research interests and what is the most likely area of specialization that you would like to pursue? What are your career goals and where do you see yourself heading after the completion of your graduate program? Is there anything in your academic record that you would like to explain (e.g., GPA, GRE scores, a gap in degree completion)?
English Language RequirementsTOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test: 79
All first year PhD students are supported by departmental or university fellowships or graduate assistantships, which provide stipend, tuition remission, and sometimes student fees for the first year.After the first year, students will be supported by their advisors through fellowships and graduate assistantships.
There are also a number of multi-year fellowships available for advanced students through NSF and NIH training programs. BME also has a limited number of teaching assistantships for graduate students who demonstrate outstanding teaching skills.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.