Why apply for the international diploma programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- a quality assured university programme with accreditation in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)
- full university status
- a campus based programme with access to all facilities at Glasgow Caledonian University's award winning, city centre campus
- a conditional offer of a place on an undergraduate course at the Glasgow School of Engineering and Built Environment
- a highly supportive study environment to enable swift progression
- multiple start dates
- the highest levels of personal care and support
The International Diploma is suitable for international students who have completed A-levels or a recognised International Foundation programme, or who are already in the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree in their home country, but do not meet the academic or English language requirements for direct entry to Glasgow Caledonian University.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline We're happy to accept students right up to when our courses begin, as long as there are places available Tuition fee
- GBP 11250 Year (EEA)
- GBP 11250 Year (Non-EEA)
Tuition fees do not include:
- text books and other learning materials: an additional cost in the region of £170 per academic course (three term) ;
- enrolment fee: an additional charge of £150 per academic programme (to be charged upon confirmation) ;
- lab fee: an additional £325 per year to cover the use of laboratory facilities (only applicable to science based courses)
- Cultural Challenges in International Business
- Essentials of Managing Human Resources
- Financial Management for Decision Makers
- Society, Employability and Business
A recognised Foundation programme or International Certificate of Higher Education programme, the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree programme or A-Level equivalent in a suitable range of subjects.
For information about country-specific entry requirements please contact us.
Five term programme: IELTS 4.5 with a minimum of 4.0 in writing, or equivalent score
Four term programme: IELTS 5.0 with a minimum of 4.5 in writing, or equivalent score
Three term programme: IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.0 in writing, or equivalent score
We can also accept Pearson (PTE). Please contact us for further details.
If you do not meet the minimum English language requirements you should apply for English for University Study.
17 years and above
All students commencing courses on a published September start date must be 17 years old by 31st December of that calendar year. For all other start dates, students must be 17 years old on the published start date of the course.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Glasgow Caledonian University.