Photos of university / #uofglasgow
The Master of Research in Law provides you with an excellent preparation for further research in Law, serving as a qualification in its own right and a platform for PhD study.
* MRes: 12 months full-time;
* Contact:Professor Emilios Christodoulidis
The MRes in Law provides an excellent foundation for an academic career in this field.
You will take a combination core courses and optional courses, followed by a dissertation on a specialised topic during the final three months.
* Advanced legal methods 2: Jurisprudence of concepts
* Qualitative research methods, or
* Social science statistics 1
* Advanced legal methods 1A: Legal research methodologies, or
* Advanced legal methods 1B: Traditions of legal enquiry
You can choose from a selection of Law LLM or MSc options and Politics MSc options.
Law (LLM) options (please note that this category requires a prior degree in Law or a degree with a 50% law component)
* Company law
* Law of commercial banking
* Intellectual property law and the market
* International economic law
* Competition law.
* Globalisation, law and human rights
* United nations law
* Fundamentals of international law.
* Comparative European politics
* International theory
* Media and democracy
* Democratisation in central and eastern europe
* Enforcing human rights
* EU in international politics and development
* Internet, protest and civil society
* Political legitimacy: contemporary perspectives
* International security and global politics.
College of Social Sciences advanced electives in research methods
* Advanced qualitative methods
* Understanding social research.