Photos of university / #universitycollegecork
The MBS (Management Information and Managerial Accounting Systems) is a full-time degree programme running for 15 months from the date of first registration. It includes Six Months Industrial Internship. Students attend lectures, seminars and tutorials in a variety of subjects relevant to both Management Accounting and Management Information Systems.
The IS courses give students an appreciation of how technology can be used to support the operations and transactions of modern organisations. The Management Accounting courses provide students with a thorough understanding of management accounting concepts and techniques.
This is a challenging postgraduate degree programme. The employment record of the degree is excellent, with graduates from this course currently employed in a variety of positions, for example: Management Consultant, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Management Accountant, Financial Accountant.
Students undertake modules to the value of 90 credits which includes a Graduate Industrial Placement to the value of 15 credits. In the event of a placement not being secured an unplaced student will undertake project work of an equivalent credit value as specified by the Head of Department. The modules offered on this course are as follows:
* * AC6002 Analysis of Accounting Information (5 credits)
* AC6003 Issues in Cost Management (10 credits)
* AC6004 Design of Managerial Accounting Systems (10 credits)
* IS6006 Applied Research Project (10 credits)
* IS6211 Database Development (10 credits)
* IS6212 Programming for Business (10 credits)
* IS6214 Enterprise Business Processes and Reporting (10 credits)
* IS6215 Business Research and Communication Skills (10 credits)
* AC6005 Industrial Internship and Portfolio (15 credits)