A joint BS in Medical Imaging Sciences is sponsored by the School of Health Related Professions (SHRP) in collaboration with Bloomfield College, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Felician College, Georgian Court University, New Jersey City University, Ramapo College or the Newark College of Arts and Sciences (see above).
A second BS option in Medical Imaging Sciences is also available for candidates who have previously completed a BS degree from a regionally accredited US college or university (BS degrees from foreign educational institutions are not acceptable for these options).
The cardiac sonography, diagnostic medical sonography, vascular sonography, and nuclear medicine technology programs are located in Scotch Plains. The diagnostic imaging technology program is based on the Rutgers Health Sciences Campus at Newark with a combination of distance learning and traditional classroom setting.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline February, October Tuition fee
- USD 13683 Year (National)
- USD 27978 Year (International)
During the first three years, students complete six semesters and a minimum of 90 credits of undergraduate courses at the collaborating institution. General education courses lead toward a concentration in biology with requirements in math, physics, chemistry, and biology. The clinical track is selected as late as the sophomore or early junior year through an application to the School of Health Related Professions.
Applicants must maintain a grade-point average of 2.75 and have met or be scheduled to complete all prerequisite requirements prior to the planned date for enrolling in the fourth year specialization coursework.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Our primary emphasis is placed on the students academic promise as demonstrated by:
- completion of required entrance subjects
- academic performance in high school or its equivalent:
- strength of academic program (number/type of academic, honors, or advanced placement courses completed)
- grades and grade trends
- weighted grade-point average(s)
- cumulative rank, when available
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- English Proficiency Examination results, when required
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Rutgers uses your FAFSA to develop a financial-aid package based on your qualifications, financial need and the funds available to the university. Your package may include any or a combination of these major financial aid sources:
- Gift aid does not require repayment and is divided into three categories: grants (which recognize financial need) and scholarships and awards (which recognize academic merit, special talents, or other achievements).
- Loans must be repaid (usually after graduation) and can come from private lenders as well as federal, state and university sources.
- Work-study allows students to earn money for college expenses while gaining valuable skills - often in their intended field.
Graduates of the program receive a joint BSMIS degree from the SHRP and the collaborating institution.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.