Bank on this opportunity
The global financial services industry is undergoing accelerated and fundamental transformation. Banks are in need of professionals who can deliver exceptional results through innovation and entrepreneurship. Now is the time to invest in education that will make a difference to your future.
Under the auspices of the Hellenic Bank Association (HBA), the ALBA MBA in Banking program is designed to prepare professionals to confront unprecedented challenges in the global financial services industry in a way which is both competitive and ethically sound. Inspirational leadership, effective decision making, problem solving and prudent change management are some of the skill-sets actively promoted in this program.
The ALBA MBA in Banking is designed for:
- Highly motivated individuals, with a firm belief in the value of investing in education and with the determination to rise to the challenges facing the financial services industry.
- Professionals who wish to get the benefits of an MBA while at the same time specializing in the knowledge and tools of the banking and financial services sector.
The ALBA MBA in Banking Program starts in September every year and has a duration of 12 to up to 48 months.
Participants who wish to attend in full-time mode will conclude their studies in 12 months and will attend classes every day, during weekdays.
Working professionals who wish to attend in part-time mode, will conclude their studies in 24 months the
earliest (can be extended to up to 48 months) and will attend classes usually twice per week, during weekdays between 18:00 to 22:00.
Program courses are selected to provide both the analytical tools required for complex
problem-solving in all areas that cover the operations of a bank. Courses typically
integrate case studies, lectures and discussions by professors and prominent business leaders.
Highlights of the Program:
- Partnership with the Hellenic Bank Association (HBA): The ALBA MBA in Banking is HBAs program of choice at the highest level of education.
- Specialized courses in Banking and Finance: Financial Modeling, Investments, Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions & Markets and Banks & Regulations are just a few.
- Banking Workshops: Delivered by distinguished industry leaders in conjunction with top executives from the Hellenic Bank Association, they provide in-depth insight into the cutting-edge of banking practice.
- Leadership Development: Through classroom teaching and personal coaching, students embark on a journey of self-awareness and personal development, identifying strengths and areas of improvement and putting their aspirations into a coherent and dynamic learning plan for the future.
- Entrepreneurship: ALBA is one of the elite European Business Schools in entrepreneurship, as demonstrated by the exceptional performance of our student teams in the European Business Plan of the Year Competition (EBPYC). Students spend four months working on a business plan for a new venture, either to grow an existing business or to create a start-up, and are expected to deliver attainable results.
Period 1 (September- October)
- · Business Economics (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Leadership Development I (14 contact Hrs, 3 ECTS)
- · Managing People & Organizations (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Marketing Management (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Business Statistics (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- · Team Building
- · Presentation Skills Workshop
- · Business Writing
- · Computer Skills
Period 2 (November-December)
- · Leading & Managing Change(14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- · Strategic Management (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Entrepreneurship I (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- · Financial Accounting (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Business Decisions with Data & Models (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Financial Risk Management (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 3 (January-February)
- · Entrepreneurship II (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Financial Analysis (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Financial Modeling (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Credit Risk Modeling & Management (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 4 (march-April)
- · Management Accounting (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Financial Management (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Financial Regulation (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- · Period of Elective courses (42 contact hours, 9 ECTS)
Period 5 (May-June)
- · Negotiations (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- · International Trade & Finance (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Business Ethics & Social Corporate Responsibility (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- · Leadership Development II (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- · Global Capital Markets (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- · Period of Elective courses (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 6 (May - September)
- · International Field Consulting Project OR Management Acts: A Theatrical Integration
ALBA offers scholarships to international students up to 50% on accommodation and up to 50% on tuition fees based on application excellence. For more info and an estimation of your scholarship please visit the Scholarship page under ''Relevant Links''
ALBA Graduate Business School has always been dedicated in offering educational programs of the highest academic standards in the area of Business Administration, as well as a strong framework of personal development and social responsibility. We benchmark our strategies and processes against global norms in business education and we are driven by a commitment to meet and exceed the international standards. The continuous improvement of our academic and administrative processes, our people and faculty, our corporate culture as well as our passion for quality in education, create a stimulating environment for those that invest in ALBA Graduate Business School for their personal and professional development.
All our MBA programs are accredited from the Association of MBAs (AMBA),while both the MSc in Finance and MSc in Strategic HRM programs are EPAS (EFMD Programme Accreditation System) accredited.
These accreditations position us within a select group of business schools across the world, while they constitute another decisive step towards the accomplishment of our vision, which is to become one of the leading research-driven business schools in Europe, on the basis of excellence of teaching and intellectual impact on the business world, attracting outstanding faculty and students from all over the world.