Photos of university / #ntu_sg
The School of Biological Sciences is committed to implementing the current best practices in the training of our graduate students. Our main objective is to produce research scientists, who have deep and wide knowledge in biological sciences and the flexibility to engage in research in diverse areas.Our graduate students will receive supervision and guidance by our faculty members in conducting research projects aligned to the overall objectives of their chosen laboratories.Through the completion of advanced coursework and hands-on training in foundation courses and practical modules, graduate students are well prepared to make original contributions to expand the knowledge in biological sciences.
Our Fields of Research includes:
- cancer biology
- cell biology
- chemical biology
- gene regulation
- infectious diseases
- stem cell biology
- structural biology
- 18 months - Coursework & Research
- 12 to 18 months - PhD Candidature Confirmation
- 18 months onwards - Research
- Year 4 - Submission of thesis & follow-by Oral examination
- Candidates, who are interested to apply for the PhD Programme and wish to work in one of the areas of, Metabolism & Disease, Therapeutics, Stem Cells & Ageing, Gene Regulation, Genomics & Proteomics, Infectious Disease & Microbiology, Immunology, Cancer, Cell Biology, Environment, Development & Neuroscience, Structural Biology and Biochemistry are welcome to apply. Admission is in January or August each year.
- Individuals should be holders of at least a 2nd Class Upper Honours Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- A valid GRE/GMAT score is required for applicants, who are not graduates of the Autonomous Universities in Singapore. Test dates must be within 5 years or less from the date of your application.
- For applicants, whose native language is not English, a good IELTS score is required. Test dates must be within 2 years or less from the date of your application. TOEFL may be submitted in place of IELTS.
- NTU Research Scholarship
- Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship
- Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)