Photos of university / #umbclife
ChBE offers great opportunities for undergraduate research in our own laboratories, experiences that often make our alumni more desirable to employers and graduate schools. Some of our undergraduates have published papers, contributed to book chapters, and won scholarships and awards for their research.
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Maryland provides students with a fundamental understanding of physical, chemical and biological processes and the ability to apply molecular and biomolecular information and methods of discovery into products and the processes by which they are made. The department was established in 1937.
Our Undergraduate and Graduate programs provide the unique interdisciplinary academic foundation and scholarly training needed to address complex engineering problems with emphasis on the advancing fields of biological engineering and nanotechnology.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline December 1; January 20; August 1; Tuition fee
- USD 9427 Year (National)
- USD 29720 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
- Introduction to Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Computer Methods in Chemical Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering I
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering Thermodynamics II
- Communication Skills for Engineers
- Statistics And Design Of Experiments
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering Transport Phenomena I
- Chemical & Biomolecular Separation Processes
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering Laboratory
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 575 TOEFL iBT® test : 100
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
- The completed online application for undergraduate admission, due by Nov. 1 for best consideration for the fall semester
- A nonrefundable application fee of $65
- Official transcripts from all high schools attended
- Letters of recommendation from your school counselor and a teacher
- All official standardized test scores, sent directly by the Educational Testing Service or the ACT Program
- An official copy of your college transcripts
- An activities and awards list or resume detailing your community, arts, leadership, athletic, family involvements, work experience and other extracurricular activities and hobbies in order of interest to you.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Maryland.
FundingThe University of Maryland awards a variety of scholarships from federal, state, and institutional resources to help defray the student's cost of education. Scholarships and grants are gift funds that do not need to be repaid. Merit-based scholarships are primarily awarded to students based on academic performance; while need-based grants are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need based on the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
Students holding only the following Visas are not eligible for any federal, state, or institutional financial aid:
- Student Visas (F1 or F2).
- Exchange Visitor Visas (J1 or J2).
- G-Series Visas (international organizations).
- Non-citizens with only I-688A or I-688B Cards.
- Non-citizens with only a Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I-464).
- Non-citizens with only Family Unity Status (Form I-797).
- United States citizen (native-born or naturalized).
- U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain's Island).
- U.S. permanent resident. Must have an I-151, I-551, or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card), or a Passport or an I-94 Form with a stamp indicating I-551 status.
- Indefinite Parole"and/or Humanitarian Parole
- Asylum Granted
- Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending
- Conditional Entrant
- Temporary Resident with an I-688 Card.
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Maryland offers an undergraduate program in chemical and biomolecular engineering which is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.