Photos of university
This Research Master entitled « Electronic and Mechanical Engineering » (EME) is a one-year study aiming at bringing students, the theoretical background required to be an expert in the field. This research oriented program is intended to form highly qualified personnel to be active in Mechanical engineering industries (transport, aeronautics, automobile etc). This Research Master is managed by international high-level institutes, Polytech Tours, the Laboratory of Mechanics and Rheology and the research centers CEROC, CERMEL, CERTEMPlus.
Invited lectures will be organized with the participation of scientists from partner institutes in UK, Poland, Italy and India.
This Masters, taught entirely in English, aims to specialize students in the science and engineering of ceramics, metals, polymers/ elastomers, and composites, with emphasis on a variety of subjects like materials for electronics, biomaterials, nanotechnologies, mechanics, design, numerical modeling, reliability, life cycle analysis, fracture analysis etc.
This program will cater to the needs of both engineering and science majors.
Close contacts with the Industry will be provided through off-campus work assignments in industry (internships) or in academic lab. Our goal is to produce well qualified materials scientists and engineers who can function effectively in the technical arena as well as possess the skills to assume leadership roles in industry, academia, and government.
The program objectives are to produce graduates who are:
- able to apply the principles of materials science for undertaking advanced engineering and/or research projects.
- knowledgeable about a variety of engineering materials (including metals, semiconductors, ceramics, polymers, and composites), and the relationships among processing, structure, properties, and performance.
- able to define and solve problems, especially those involving materials selection and design, and are able to develop, implement and evaluate solutions via integration of their basic scientific skills and knowledge.
- able to communicate effectively and who demonstrate the ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- skilled at using modern engineering tools for characterization, analysis and design of materials.
- able to understand their responsibility to their profession and society in a global context.
- U.E.1: Mechanical Properties of advanced materials - ECTS 5
- U.E.2: Acoustics and vibrations - ECTS 5
- U.E. 3: Heat transfer - ECTS 5
- U.E.4: Piezoelectric Materials and their Applications - ECTS 5
- U.E.5 : French language and French culture, job training - ECTS 6
Students attending the EME master program will have to succeed to an English Level Test and to French Level Test.
Each student has to choice between courses U.E.6b, U.E.6c
- U.E.6b: Behaviour of Polymers and Elastomers - ECTS 4
- U.E.6c: Material Fatigue - ECTS 4
- UE 7b: Numerical Modeling of Materials and components - ECTS 5
Mechanical engineering course.
- U.E. 7c: DS (SP) : Surface Engineering - ECTS 5
- U.E.8 : Research INTERNSHIP: 5 month ECTS 25
Internship in a research laboratory or in an industrial environment. Literature survey, presentation of the project and realization of the project under a project tutor. A final project report will be presented before a jury. The project can be carried out in one of the European partners to this program
Total ECTS Points: 60
Scientific partnershipThe academic and industrial parners for this program are:
- Indian Institute of technology, Madras, India
- Vellore Institure of Technology, India
- Univertsity of Lodz, Poland
- Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Univetsity of Manchester, U.K.
- Micromaterials, U.K.
- G.M.T., Chennai, India
- Find a grant: There are a lot of programs to do so. Here is a list of possibilities..
2. There are some Regional grants (distributed via the University of Tours) which can be allocated upon application:
- Grants for the 1st semester: two scenarios:
2. regional cooperation priority areas (see list below), grants of about 625/month for the duration of the first semester. Depending on the year there can be some extra grants, according to funded research projects and specific actions (ex. between 2013 and 2016 some specific funds, focusing Tamil Nadu incoming students, are available via the ARCUS project).
Any candidate accepted to the International Research Master program can apply. Applications are done after the acceptance notification to the program.
- Grants for the 2nd semester (internship):
- Mobicentre : if you are less than 30 years old and are a national of an European country (or a national from another country but in the Region Centre since 2 years), then you can have a grant of 240/month if you do your internship outside Europe. It is of 170/month if your internship is in a European country. Applications are done in Tours at the beginning of the academic year.
Regional cooperation priority areas: Germany: Saxe Anhalt; Poland: Malopolska, Czech Republic: Pardubice; Mali: Mopti; Mauritania: Gorgol; Morocco: Meknès Tafilalet Region; China: Hunan; India: Tamil Nadu; Laos: Luang Prabang.