Photos of university / #waldenuniversity
The online Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) program provides real world, practical knowledge that effectively supports your professional career. Develop fresh skills in critical thinking and proactive problem solving, and be better prepared to face complex business environments. The Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) study program addresses the needs of business professionals who want to develop their practical industry experience into advanced leadership positions as consultants or executives in high-ranking organizations.
The D.B.A offers several specializations, including the option to design your own, that focus on the latest research, theories, and trends in the business world:
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems Management
- International Business
- Project Management
- Social Impact Management
- Technology Entrepreneurship
Why choose the International Business specialization?
By choosing Waldens D.B.A. International Business specialization, you will learn how to manage and lead workers, managers, and teams belonging to diverse global backgrounds. Explore the financial implications of conducting business on a global scale. Learn the effect that financial institutions worldwide, such as the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and World Trade Organization (WTO), have on trade, markets, and interest rates.
Explore some of the greatest challenges and opportunities facing business today, including:
- Adapting to an increasingly dynamic business world
- Ethical issues
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Management issues related to other professional interests
Are you prepared to influence and advance the future of business practice?
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Assess business theory and practice.
- Find effective solutions to real-world problems in the field of business and management.
- Apply and adapt research literature to practical business issues.
- Conduct valuable research that develops professional knowledge of business and management.
- Clearly communicate with stakeholders about problem statements, research approaches and results, solutions, and assessment.
- Uphold and encourage ethical conduct in the business environment.
Future career options may include a variety of settings and roles:
- Entrepreneur/business owner
- Member of faculty
- 60 semester credits
- Foundation course (3 sem. cr.)
- Core business courses (15 sem. cr.)
- Business strategy course (3 sem. cr.)
- Research methods courses (10 sem. cr.)
- Specialization courses (9 sem. cr.)
- Doctoral studies courses (20 sem. cr.)
- 8 days of academic residency (two 4-day residencies)
Time to completion may vary by student, depending on individual progress and credits transferred, if applicable.
The Doctor of Business Administration program is designed for experienced business professionals who want to translate their industry expertise into leadership positions as consultants or as executives within their organizations.
In our Doctor of Business Administration program, you will work with expert faculty members who are scholars and leaders in their fields.
Admission requirements for Waldens programs vary but generally include the following:
- Official transcript(s)
- A masters degree or higher
- Applicable test scores
- Completed online application
- Employment history
- List of transfer credits
Applicants must have successfully completed a higher education/ university-level degree or a comparable university degree. Additional academic qualifications may also be considered.
Transfer of credits based on a course-by-course evaluation of relevant transcripts.
English Language RequirementsIELTS band: 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test: 79
At least 3 year(s) of work experience is required.
Three years of related professional or academic experience.
Technological RequirementsAccess to a computer and the Internet
Walden Universitys B.S. in Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.), and Ph.D. in Management programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is a leading specialized accreditation association that identifies and supports excellence in business education.
This accreditation reaffirms the quality of Waldens programs and support services, as well as our commitment to continuous assessment and improvement. Earning an ACBSP-accredited degree can better prepare you to compete and succeed in the global marketplace. Employers recognize the value of graduates of a program with educational standards modeled on the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, used by businesses, government, and other organizations as a measure of quality.
Walden Universitys Ph.D. in Management program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Among other benefits, ACBSP accreditation provides:
- Validation that your program meets nationally recognized standards of quality endorsed by businesses, government, and other organizations.
- Assurance that your program can provide you with the skills you need to compete in todays global marketplace.
- Recognition by employers, graduate schools, and regulatory organizations.