This course is designed to prepare you for work in todays multilingual, international business world.
You will study several languages: at least one of French or Spanish for Business, plus the language and culture for business in Asia and in the Middle East, including an introduction to Mandarin and Arabic. You will have the option of more advanced study in all of these languages, and additional languages, including Italian, German or English.
As well as languages, you will study international business, and case studies of doing business with emerging markets such as Brazil, Russia, India and China. You will thus develop knowledge about the nature of business itself in a global world.
Within your major languages, you should develop your ability to function in speech and in writing in both everyday situations and in the world of business. You will also learn something of the culture and society of the relevant countries and of their business practices.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- A practical and career-focused orientation throughout your course by enhancing your critical thinking and developing the communication skills employers want;
- Expert teaching, often carried out by native speakers of the language you are learning in a state-of-the-art Languages Centre;
- The opportunity to become familiar with the use of your chose languages in a business environment;
- Support in applying for a work placement which is not only a valuable experience, but will also give you an edge when applying for jobs;
- The option to spend a year studying or working overseas which provides you with an international experience that many businesses are looking for when employing a graduate.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 8586 Module (EEA)
- GBP 10950 Module (International)
Alongside your languages, you will take one unit per year (taught in English) on business organisations and management, so that you will graduate with real knowledge and understanding of business as well as of foreign languages.In your first year you will study two languages from French or Spanish plus Chinese. You will also receive an introduction to business organisations.
In your second year you will cover more advanced topics in business languages as well as a topics in business management.
In your final year you will have the opportunity to choose from a range of related subjects, including International Business, International Marketing Strategy and International Business Cultures.
Your languages will be taught in small and medium groups; the business subjects in lectures and seminar groups. In addition, your personal tutor will review and discuss your progress with you and will be available for advice
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
RequirementsEssential Entry Requirements:
- 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English Language, Mathematics and either French or Spanish or specified equivalents.
- A-Levels: BCC
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DMM
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 28 points to include French or Spanish
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Coventry University.
Merit Scholarship Scheme
Merit Scholarship scheme: £1,000, in year one only and based on academic performance.
- Available to all international students applying for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Coventry University.
- Scholarships are allocated on the basis of academic merit. (Postgraduate applicants must hold 2.1 or equivalent, undergraduate applicants must hold A-levels or equivalent at grades BBC)
- There is no separate scholarship application process: all undergraduate applications from self-funded international students from any non-EU country and postgraduate applications from international, will automatically be considered for a merit award. You will not have to do anything, if you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office.
Occasionally, funding becomes available to enable the University, either centrally, through one of the faculties or from other sources, to offer research studentships in specified topics or fields of study.Science Without Borders
Brazilian students are able to apply for full scholarship - including tuition fees and accommodation - to study undergraduate sandwich programmes at Coventry University.Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers opportunities to Commonwealth citizens to study in the UK, as part of the UK's contribution to the international Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
If you are a citizen of a developed Commonwealth country, you can apply for:
Scholarships for PhD and split-site (PhD) study
If you are a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, you can apply for
- Scholarships for Masters, PhD, or split-site (PhD) study at UK universities
- Shared Scholarships for Masters study at selected UK universities
If you are a citizen of the Maldives, St Helena or the Seychelles, you can apply for:
- Scholarships for undergraduate study at UK universities
Ferguson Trust Scholarships are made available through the generosity of The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust. The Trust was set up in memory of two generations of the Ferguson family to promote education, international friendship and understanding, and the promotion of world peace and development. The Trust supports people from low-income and conflict-affected regions who want to improve their knowledge of peace and reconciliation. Scholarship amounts vary and are dependent on individual circumstances and assessment.