Photos of university / #edinburghuniversity
It therefore provides an ideal learning environment for you to develop the skills and knowledge upon which further study or a relevant career can be built.
To be effective on the international stage, legal professionals, business people and policy makers need to understand different legal cultures and ways of operating and communicating within alternative business contexts and regulatory frameworks. This programme provides an ideal learning environment for such individuals to develop the skills and knowledge upon which further study or a relevant career can be built.
The programme spans foundational issues in areas of law, including:
* Commercial law
* Information technology law
* Intellectual property law
* Medical law
* Innovation and competition law
Our distance learning programmes are delivered through eSCRIPT, our flexible online learning environment.
Through eSCRIPT you will access learning materials and interact with your tutor and fellow students. eSCRIPT is accessible through the internet from any computer. A fast connection is an advantage, but you do not need any special equipment, applications or plug-ins to use it.
We aim to provide challenging, research-led teaching with students benefiting from the expertise of a multidisciplinary team of tutors and the results of innovative cross-cutting research of the highest quality.
Having studied the programme, you will emerge with an understanding of legal issues not just in the legal context, but with a sound grounding in ethics, social and theoretical contexts.
Graduates of our online distance learning programmes progress to a range of careers in Law and related legal fields, including work in local and international firms, government legal departments, other public institutions, international organisations and in academia.
The programmes are also an ideal platform for advanced research.
You must complete a total of six courses (120 credit points) and complete a dissertation (60 credit points) over your chosen period of study.
You may choose any six courses from the range of optional courses:
* Biotechnology, Law and Society
* Communications Law
* Comparative and International Corporate Governance
* Contract Law in Europe
* Dispute Resolution Methods
* Electronic Commerce Law
* European Competition and Innovation
* European Healthcare Law
* Global Corporate Compliance: Case Studies in Law and Ethics
* Health Research and Commercialisation
* Introduction to European Union Law
* Intellectual Property Law: Copyright and Related Rights
* Intellectual Property Law: Industrial Property
* International Commercial Arbitration
* International Intellectual Property Law
* International Public Health Law and Security
* International Sales Law and the Commodities Markets
* International Carriage of Goods
* Information: Control and Power
* International Oil and Gas Law
* Information Technology Law
* Law and Medical Ethics: Fundamental Issues in Consent and Negligence
* Law and Medical Ethics: Start and End of Life Issues
* Law of Climate Change
* Managing Intellectual Property
* Principles of International Taxation
* Cross-disciplinary awards
* Edinburgh College of Art
* Business School
* School of Divinity
* School of Economics
* School of Health in Social Science
* Animals Asia Scholarship
* British Heart Foundation in Cardiovascular Design
* Colt Foundation Fellowships
* EBRC - Pfizer Scholarship
* Scottish Power Foundation Scholarships
* School of Engineering International Masters
* Informatics International Masters Scholarships
* The Scottish Universities Physics Alliance Prize PhD Studentships
* School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries
* School of Mathematics awards
* The Maudslay Scholarship
* The Higgs Centre Scholarships
* Master's Scholarships in High Performance Computing
* Head of School Scholarships (GeoSciences)
As a world-leading centre of academic excellence we aim to:
* Enhance our position as one of the worlds leading research and teaching universities and to measure our performance against the highest international standards
* Provide the highest quality learning and teaching environment for the greater wellbeing of our students
* Produce graduates fully equipped to achieve the highest personal and professional standards
* Make a significant, sustainable and socially responsible contribution to Scotland, the UK and the world, promoting health and economic and cultural wellbeing.
As a great civic university, Edinburgh especially values its intellectual and economic relationship with the Scottish community that forms its base and provides the foundation from which it will continue to look to the widest international horizons, enriching both itself and Scotland.