Photos of university / #sdstatepics
Apparel Merchandising is the perfect major for students who would like to spend their career in one of many roles in the dynamic, ever-changing fashion industry. Careers such as store or department manager, buyer, or visual merchandiser are typical. Students in apparel merchandising acquire a broad knowledge of people and their behavior, an understanding of the world at large and technical knowledge and skills to select fabrics and plan and produce fashion goods.
A special feature of the Apparel Merchandising program at SDSU is our cooperative arrangement with the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) located in New York City. Students may spend one year studying fashion in New York while applying those classes directly to their bachelor's degree at SDSU. At the same time, they earn an associate degree from FIT.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline June for Fall semester; November for Spring semester Tuition fee
- USD 7255 Year (National)
- USD 18044 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
- Introduction to Apparel Merchandising Credits
- Ready-To-Wear Analysis and Lab Credits
- Textiles I and Lab Credits
- Socio-Psychological Aspects of Dress Credits
- Fashion Promotion and Lab Credits
- Customer Service Credits
- Apparel Design and Lab Credits
- History of Dress in the Western World Credits
- Aesthetics and Lab Credits
- Trending and Buying and Lab Credits
- Professional Behavior at Work Credits
- Retail Management Credits
- Merchandising and Lab Credits
- Global Sourcing and Lab (AW) Credits
- Travel Studies Credits
- Current Issues in the Workplace Credits
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than South Dakota State University.
FundingSDSU offers a variety of academic scholarships. Awards are based on academic achievement, activities participation and leadership.
South Dakota State University has been granted the full, ten-year reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission. An accreditation team of representatives from peer institutions commended SDSU for:
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- Quality new facilities
- Excellent student leadership
- Shared governance
- Partnerships with local community
- Robust and Integrated assessment program
- Successful transition to NCAA Division I Athletics