Photos of university / #sdstatepics
The MS in Human Sciences specialization in Merchandising provides an understanding of merchandising at every level, with emphasis on current trends in the United States and the global marketplace, factors that will distinguish graduates among their peers. Students can obtain a focus on the merchandising aspect of the business.
The additional expertise offered through the merchandising certificate may position individuals for career advancement or a new career in merchandising. Graduates of the program are prepared to work in product development, promotions, and retail management in this ever-expanding industry.
* Consumer Behavior in Merchandising
* Professional Advancement in Merchandising
* Product Design, Development, and Evaluation
* Promotional Strategies in Merchandising
* Retail Theory and Current Practice
* History and Contemporary Issues in Trade
* International Merchandise Management
* Research Methods in Merchandising
* Financial Merchandising Implications
* Strategic Planning in Merchandising
SDSU offers a variety of academic scholarships. Awards are based on academic achievement, activities participation and leadership.
South Dakota State University has been granted the full, ten-year reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission. An accreditation team of representatives from peer institutions commended SDSU for:
* Dedicated faculty and staff
* Quality new facilities
* Excellent student leadership
* Shared governance
* Partnerships with local community
* Robust and Integrated assessment program
* Successful transition to NCAA Division I Athletics