Educational organisationThe degree course is divided into three subject groups (196 CP without thesis and colloquium) according to their content, with the following evaluation scheme:
24% General Management Modules
- Introduction to Business Administration and Economics
- General Management I-III
43% Tourism, Travel and Aviation Management Modules
- Introduction to Tourism, Travel and Aviation Management
- Basics of Air Transportation
- Aviation Management I-III
- Travel Management
- Advanced Tourism, Travel and Aviation Management
- Management Simulation Game
- Elective Seminar Aviation Management
33% Management Skills
- Analytical Methods
- Business English
- (Advanced) Management in Practice I-III
In addition, students have to write a thesis and pass a colloquium (14 CP) in order to graduate. The content of the modules General Management, Travel and Tourism Management or Aviation Management will be linked to these.
The module Management in Practice describes the internships which students have to complete.
This degree course can be studied either as a full-time degree programme or as a cooperative study course in cooperation with a partner from the aviation industry. The content structure for students of the cooperative study course is identical to the one for students of the full-time degree course. Students of the full-time degree course in particular are expected to gain work experience during their studies which will be equivalent in length of time and content specifications to those of students in the cooperative study course.
Study abroad unit(s)Study abroad units are not a mandatory part of the degree programme, but students can optionally undertake part of their studies abroad.
InternshipsSeveral internships are to be completed during the semester breaks.
Forms of assessment
- Written module exams
- Seminar paper(s)
- Bachelor's thesis (including colloquium)
Course objectivesThe main educational aims of the Bachelor's degree course are:
- to provide a comprehensive and basic understanding of the field of aviation business management
- to introduce the methodology of economics, especially of business management
- to prepare students for a practical career or a subsequent ("consecutive") Master's degree programme
The overall aim of the Bachelor of Arts in Aviation Management is to educate students within the field of business management with a strong focus on aviation business management, including work experience placements.
Language requirementsLanguage test in English with at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference or any equivalent level. The language test can be taken at Worms University of Applied Sciences. Proof of language proficiency must be handed in at the end of the first year of studies at the latest.
Academic requirementsApplicants for the degree course Bachelor of Arts in Aviation Management have to meet the following entry requirements in order to be admitted to the study programme:
- University entrance qualification or university of applied sciences entrance qualification
- First practical experience, either through a qualified business internship with a minimum duration of 12 weeks ("university practical training") in the aviation sector or any related industry, or through a commercial apprenticeship, or through work experience in the aviation industry
- Language test in English with at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference or any equivalent level. The language test can be taken at Worms University of Applied Sciences. Proof of language proficiency must be handed in at the end of the first year of studies at the latest.
In addition to the entrance requirements, applicants for the cooperative study course must prove that they have entered into a contractual relationship with one of the cooperation partners, which includes an internship: e.g. employment contract, apprenticeship contract, internship contract or trainee contract. Prospective students apply directly to the partner companies.
Enrolment feesFirst semester: initial registration fee of currently 138.30 EUR
Subsequent semesters: semester fee of currently 118.30 EUR per semester