Photos of university / #ubridgeport
Become a leader in the next generation of business with a Master of Business Administration degree in General Business from the University of Bridgeport. At UBs Ernest C. Trefz School of Business, theory and practice come together for student success as we blend academic scholarship with practical solutions in a dynamic and challenging environment. Our programs integrate timeless lessons with contemporary issues and are delivered using both traditional and technology-based methods by faculty who are both academics and practitioners.
With six concentrations to choose from, your MBA will truly enable you to meet your personal and professional development goals. Whether you take classes on weekdays, evenings, weekends, or online, weve got a program that will provide you with the knowledge to build a successful career, and the practical skills to immediately enter the workforce.
At University of Bridgeports Trefz School of Business, you will
- receive individual attention
- engage in highly interactive classroom discussions with international students and faculty
- learn relevant quantitative methods and professional interpersonal skills in technology enabled classrooms
- be taught by renowned scholars and highly successful practitioners
- compete against world-class universities in team competitions
- collaborate in multidisciplinary classes with other UB schools
- enjoy close proximity to New York/Connecticut/New Jersey multinational corporations and entrepreneurs
We encourage you to learn more about UBs Trefz School of Business and our MBA program.
Example of Schedule with 3 Courses in Each Semester
- ACCT 600 Financial Accounting
- ECON 600 Economics
- STAT 600 Statistics and Quantitative Analysis
- FIN 600 Financial Management
- BLAW 600 Legal Environment of Business and Ethics
- MKTG 610 Business Research
- MKT 600 Marketing
- ITKM 600 Information Systems and Technology
- MGMT 600 Leadership and Management
- Major Requirement
- Major Requirement or Elective
- Major Requirement or
- Elective Major Requirement or
- Elective Major Elective
- BUCP 797 Integration and Application Strategy
- BUCP 781 Integration and Application Business Simulation and Planning
- BUCP 798 Integration and Application Thesis (3-credits)
- BUCP 799 Integration and Application Internship (3-credits)
Schedules are flexible and depend on the number of courses taken in a semester. A student can take as many as five courses in a semester and as few as one course. The M.B.A. program must be completed within five years of initial enrollment.
Sequencing of Courses.
Generally, core courses are taken before the major courses. Major courses are taken with the final core courses or after the core courses are completed and usually before the capstone courses. Capstone courses are usually completed at the end of the program.
MBA in Accounting
Students learn the knowledge and skills that enable them to measure, analyze, interpret, and communicate economic data. Students acquire the broad based business knowledge that enables them to integrate accounting practices to achieve strategic goals.
We offer several ways that you can reduce the cost of your graduate education.
- scholarships based on multiple criteria including undergraduate GPA,
- tuition discounts for high graduate grades,
- and graduate assistantships.