Photos of university / #uow
Business information specialists are trained to analyse business problems and find possible IT solutions for these problems. This ranges from running an efficiency audit on a company's information systems through to analysing the effectiveness of a file management system and designing business software applications.
Business information specialists are also involved in the analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of computer-based information systems critical to the successful operation of modern organisations. They require a sound understanding of the business requirements to develop information systems and solutions to meet identified business needs and must deal with users at all levels within an organisation.
This course is specifically designed to prepare you for a career as a systems analyst or an information systems specialist. As well as having the capability of working in a business environment, the graduates can work for government or non-profit organisations.
- Programming Fundamentals
- Problem Solving
- System Analysis
- Data Management & Security
- Object Oriented Design & Programming
- Networks and Communications
- Introduction to Web Technology
- Introduction to Management
- IT Project Management
- Human Computer Interaction
- Mathematics for Information Technology
- Principles of eBusiness
- Management Information Systems
- Software Development Methodologies
Business Electives List
- Accounting Fundamentals In Society
- Accounting In Organisations
- Business Communications
- Managing Human Resources
- Organisational Behaviour
- Organisational Analysis
- Management and Electronic Business
- Management of Change
- Statistics for Business
- Marketing Principles
- Introduction to Marketing
- Economic Essentials for Business
- Macroeconomic Essentials for Business
- Applicants need to have achieved the required score in a qualification equivalent to the completion of 13 years of schooling in Australia.
- In order to succeed in your chosen course, it is assumed you have completed relevant subjects in your senior high school studies or other relevant qualifications. This is particularly important for degrees which have a strong basis in Mathematics or Science.
- Level of English is required to gain admission. IELTS Academic 6.0. TOEFL (Internet-based) - 79.
- All students are required to pay Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of their student visa. OSHC provides for medical and hospital cover for students and their dependants.Our preferred OSHC provider is BUPA.
- Australia Award Scholarships
- Endeavour Scholarships
- Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships
Student Services and Amenities Fee
The SAF is a compulsory charge, introduced following changes to Australian Government legislation, which funds improvements to facilities for students across a broad range of service areas, such as subsidised food outlets, childcare, student advocacy as well as sporting, recreational and cultural activities.
All international students enrolled at UOW will be invoiced twice yearly for the amount determined each year. The SAF 2016 fee is:
- Wollongong campus $290.00 per year
- Sydney campus $145.00 per year
- Wollongong Innovation Campus $145.00 per year
- Other campuses in Australia $145.00 per year
In addition to tuition fees, a single student living in Wollongong will require $10,000 to $12,000 a year – depending on lifestyle – to cover accommodation, food, transport and other expenses including text books and study materials and entertainment.