Photos of university / #uniofgreenwich
There is an increasing demand from education, health and social care establishments for highly trained managers, mentors and advisors for early years. This course is designed to develop your understanding of the impact of social and environmental factors on the early years, increase your awareness of specific educational needs deriving from psychological, environmental and inherited factors and focus on knowledge of child health, the curriculum and management issues. You will also be able to improve your ability to select and use research materials by undertaking an independent study of your choice.
The course builds on knowledge and skills developed at HND and Foundation degree level. It is also ideally suited to those who are employed in schools or nurseries or who wish to pursue the registered teachers scheme or graduate teachers scheme. As a Degree student you choose four modules, as an Honours student you study all modules.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide the opportunity to progress to the Graduate Teachers Programme
- To provide the ideal pathway to fast-track onto Early Years Professional Status, which can be achieved in four months following the Honours Degree
- To provide modules which link to everyday practice and the Early Years Foundation Stage and National Curriculum.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 9000 Year (EEA)
- GBP 10350 Year (International)
- Management in Early Year Settings (15 credits)
- Inclusion within Early Years (15 credits)
- Drama and Movement in the Early Years (15 credits)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Assessing Young Children's Learning and Development (15 credits)
- Independent Study (30 credits)
- One option from: Child Health Studies in the Early Years; ICT in the Early Years Setting (15 credits)
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Applicants should have:
Early Childhood Studies Foundation Degree at merit or equivalent level
OR HND with a minimum of eight merits or other relevant qualification.
You also need to obtain Criminal Record Bureau checking. Places are subject to successful interview and offer.
Applicants need to be working a minimum of 30 days within an early years setting.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Greenwich.