The International Master in Sports Tourism Engineering (IMISTE) is the only Master in Europe which prepares specialists in sports tourism engineering though it is the fastest rising part of tourism in the world. It combines the experience and knowledge of 7 academic partners:
* University of Health and Law Lille 2, France (coordinator)
* Instituto Superior Da Maia, Porto, Portugal
* University of Thessaly, Greece
* University "Alexandru Ioan Cuza", Iasi, Romania
* University of Craiova, Romania
* Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
* Canisius College, USA
International Master in Sports Tourism Engineering (IMISTE) doesn´t only prepare high level technicians but introduces an ethical dimension of the sports tourism question. This point is essential because, if researches and conferences concerning "sport and environment" or "tourism and environment" or "tourism and sustainable development" are numerous, real qualification and awareness on those topics have not really been introduced in the existing training courses. The IMISTE will give importance to those topics, environmental and human.
International Master in Sports Tourism Engineering (IMISTE) ensures a unique comparative view of practice and theory. The fourth semester is dedicated to practical training at international level. The IMISTE master offers a large network of professional partners.
The integrated 120 ECTS IMISTE Course offers a study programme resulting with issue of 2 national Masters degrees to all successful students, as well as diploma supplements.
Graduates should be prepared to work at key position in the development of sports tourism facilities projects, able to estimate the financial risk, to prepare and valuate the economic, environmental and social effects of a project.
The outcomes of IMISTE:
* A high quality pedagogical training which means:
* A teaching program fitting to the aim: to train international sport tourism specialists ;
* To get in touch with high level teachers and professionals in sports tourism ;
* Various academic papers and articles that will be of interest to the sports tourism academic and business communities thank to the International Research Network in Sports Tourism (IRNIST) which will be in link with this master.
Semestre 1 : Lille
Intensive English during the 2 first weeks of September or intensive French
Semestre 2 : ISMAI
Semester 3: choice between the other universities member of the consortium
Semester 3 Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport
Semester 3 University of Craiova, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport
Semestre 3 University ''Alexandru Ioan Cuza'' of Iasi, ROMANIA
Semestre 3 University of Thessaly, GREECE