This accelerated, dual-degree program at RutgersCamden is designed to graduate students with a master's degree in as little as five years. The combined bachelor of arts in economics, political science, or urban studies and master of public administration in the graduate Department of Public Policy and Administration prepares students for professional careers in government and public service or for further study in law or doctoral programs.
It also provides the training and credentials necessary for career advancement in the public sector. Whether one wishes to move directly into the job market or to pursue another degree, the master's degree provides a clear, competitive edge. Interested students may apply for this program during the second semester of their junior year.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline February, October Tuition fee
- USD 13683 Year (National)
- USD 27978 Year (International)
Rutgers University-Camden offers Political Science majors accelerated degree option in which highly motivated, career-minded students can earn a BA in Political Science as well as an MPA from our Department of Public Policy & Administration (DPPA) on an accelerated basis.Advantages:
- Undergraduates take four graduate classes (12 credits) that count toward both their BA and their MPA. Double counting these classes accelerates attaining the MPA degree. These 12 credits are billed at the undergraduate tuition rate.
- Students in the accelerated BA/MPA are not required to take the GRE or any other standardized admission test in order to formally apply admission to the DPPA masters program.
- Earn an MPA from a nationally accredited degree program.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Our primary emphasis is placed on the students academic promise as demonstrated by:
- completion of required entrance subjects
- academic performance in high school or its equivalent:
- strength of academic program (number/type of academic, honors, or advanced placement courses completed)
- grades and grade trends
- weighted grade-point average(s)
- cumulative rank, when available
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- English Proficiency Examination results, when required
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Rutgers uses your FAFSA to develop a financial-aid package based on your qualifications, financial need and the funds available to the university. Your package may include any or a combination of these major financial aid sources:
- Gift aid does not require repayment and is divided into three categories: grants (which recognize financial need) and scholarships and awards (which recognize academic merit, special talents, or other achievements).
- Loans must be repaid (usually after graduation) and can come from private lenders as well as federal, state and university sources.
- Work-study allows students to earn money for college expenses while gaining valuable skills - often in their intended field.
AccreditationThe Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.