Photos of university / #griatkai
The program is aimed at training specialists for the automotive industry. It provides students with a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge in many different engineering disciplines. Students also can deepen their knowledge in their professional expertise, studying special disciplines in the field of modern developments of engines, vehicles, ecology and safety. As a student of this program, you will gain important knowledge and skills in the creation, maintenance, monitoring and repairing of vehicles.
During their study students are involved in complex group projects and in the 4th semester they prepare and defend their Master thesis under the joint supervision of German and Russian professors.
2 semesters GRIAT students study in KAI, the third semester they study in a German partner university Technische Universität Ilmenau, the fourth semester students go back to Russia or may stay in Germany to finish writing their MSc thesis.
- Philosophy of Science and Technology
- Vehicle dynamic control and assistant systems
- Methodology of Scientific Research
- Project Management
- Intellectual Property Management
- Modeling in Matlab
- Vehicle theory
- Theory and design of vehicles
- Basics of automatic control
- Car electrical systems
- Alternative propulsion systems
- Brake systems
- Automotive Simulation and development tools
- Intelligent transport systems
- Educational training
- Research work
- Technical English
- Previous Education: Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Engineering in AE or related field
- Average BSc Mark - 4.0
- CV in English (no particular form required)
- Translation of BSc certificate into English (Transcript of records)
- Personal achievements and awards, including academic. Publications if there are any.
- Basic knowledge in:
- Vehicle dynamics
- Vehicle performance characteristics
- Braking systems
- Simulation program: MatLab Simulink
GRIAT students can benefit from grants to study and train abroad. They can apply for a number of scholarships offered by the government of Tatarstan Republic, GRIAT industry partners and the European commission program for education and training. These scholarships mostly cover travel, stay, costs and medical insurance of GRIAT students during their academic semester at a German partner-university.
Recently, all of GRIAT students have used an opportunity to study abroad thanks to different international grants and programs:
- Algarysh grant provided by the Government of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- European international exchange program Erasmus+;
- SIEMENS scholarship;
- Russian educational grant program;
- Scholarship provided by the President of Tatarstan.