Photos of university
The program is aimed at achieving practice-oriented knowledge and skills in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology for intelligent data processing for different applications. It includes basic subjects such as Artificial Neural Networks, Parallel Computing Systems, Software Engineering, Research Skills as well as advanced subjects such as Document and Content Analysis, Image Processing and Computer Vision, Very Deep Machine Learning, etc.
During their studies students are working on integrated projects and in the 4th semester they prepare and defend their Master thesis under the join supervision of Russian and German professors.
2 semesters GRIAT students study in KAI, the third semester they study in a German partner university Technische Universität Kaiserslautern, the fourth semester students go back to Russia or may stay in Germany to finish writing their MSc thesis.
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Document and Content Analysis
- Embedded Intelligence
- Computer Systems (Fundamentals of Embedded Systems and Architecture of parallel computing systems)
- Concurrency Theory and Parallel Computing
- Machine Learning (Foundation and Applications, Recent Methods and Technologies)
- Computer Vision
- Nonlinear Optimization
- Software Engineering
- Previous Education: Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Engineering in the appropriate program or related field
- Average BSc Mark - 4.0
- Motivation for your bachelor thesis: the problem that was solved, tasks, algorithms, models and methods, mathematical background; characteristics of the project, complexity, which difficulties were solved and how.
- A short story about why you need this master's program. What are your expectations? Why did you choose the part-nership between KNRTU-KAI and German university? How do you see yourself in the future? Personal interests, priorities and plans, if you relate them with the MSc program.
- Personal achievements and awards, including academic. Letters of recommendation. (optional)
- For diploma obtained outside Russia, additional consul-tation with German side is required.
- Basic knowledge in:
- Linear algebra
- Discrete mathematics
- Theory of probability and mathematical statistics
- Average mark for all math courses at least 4.
- Data structures and algorithms
- Practical skills of programming in any high-level programming language (preferable: skills in object-oriented language)
- General knowledge in databases, networks and operating systems
- More than 60 CP during bachelor studies had to be courses from the IT field
GRIAT students can benefit from grants to study and train abroad. They can apply for a number of scholarships offered by the government of Tatarstan Republic, GRIAT industry partners and the European commission program for education and training. These scholarships mostly cover travel, stay, costs and medical insurance of GRIAT students during their academic semester at a German partner-university.
Recently, all of GRIAT students have used an opportunity to study abroad thanks to different international grants and programs:
- Algarysh grant provided by the Government of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- European international exchange program Erasmus+;
- SIEMENS scholarship;
- Russian educational grant program;
- Scholarship provided by the President of Tatarstan.