Photos of university / #spb_university
The M.A. program in Pacific Studies is a unique graduate program of such a kind in Russia aimed at training highly qualified specialists and experts on the most dynamic region in contemporary world. Students study in depth the history and the current state of international relations in Asia Pacific, the problems of security in the region, economic and integration processes, foreign policy of major Asia Pacific countries, as well as its social development and cultural traditions.
- History of International Affairs in Asia Pacific
- Current Issues of International Affairs in Asia Pacific
- Political Developments in Asia Pacific Countries
- The Asia Pacific Region in Global Economic Processes
- Russia’s Policy in Asia Pacific
- China in World and Regional Politics
- Australian Union as a Regional Power
- Korean Society: from Traditions to Innovations
Our alumni work at:
- Committee for Foreign Relations of St. Petersburg City Administration
- Embassy of the Russian Federation in Australia
- Affiliate of Toyota Motors Company in St. Petersburg (‘TAS-Expert’)
- General Consulate of the United States in St. Petersburg
- General Consulate of the People’s Republic of China in St. Petersburg
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea
Areas of Research for Writing a Master’s Thesis
- The role of Asia Pacific in contemporary world politics and world economy
- The regional aspects of international relations in Asia Pacific
- The study of integration processes in Asia Pacific. International regional organizations (APEC, ASEAN, etc.) and their impact on regional and global politics
- Foreign policy of specific countries of the region, including the study of foreign policy decision-making, bilateral and multilateral interstate relations
- Domestic political developments of specific countries of the region, including the evolvement of national political systems, economies and social structures
- The study of major challenges and threats (military, economic, political, energy, environmental, demographic, social) for regional security
Admissions of Russian and foreign citizens are arranged in accordance with the "Rules of admission to St. Petersburg State University for the major educational programs of higher education (undergraduate programs, training programs, graduate programs) in 2014". There are admission quota financed by the federal budget, as well as the fee-paying quota based on contracts with individuals and / or entities.
Admissions of foreign citizens
International applicants can be admitted to SPbU both to places on a fee-paying (contractual) basis and places funded by the Russian Government (on references from the Russian Federation Ministry of Education).
International applicants can be admitted to SPbU both to places on a fee-paying (contractual) basis and to places funded by the Russian Government (Scholarship includes tuition fee).
Admission procedure on a fee-paying (contractual) basis includes entry examinations for foreign applicants.
List of the required documents for application:
1.application form for an educational programm of the relevant level, stated by an Admission Committee;
2.educational certificate/diploma* (or its notarized copy) and its transcript (in case it is provided bu the legal system of a foreighn state that issued the certificate/diploma);
3.copy of identity document;
4.copy of entry visa to the Russian Federation (if there is one);
5.copy of migration card;
6."Stay Regulations for Foreighn Citizens in Russian Federation" sighned;
7.4 (four) photographs 3z4 sm.
How to apply:
1.To register at the Personal Account on the website of Admission Office;
2.To fill an application form for an educational program;
3.Signed application with other documents submit by one of the following ways:
- attach at the Personal Account,
- in person,
- by post.
Deadline for application in 2015:
- April 01 - August 10: for applicants not requiring an entry visa
- April 01 - July 10: for applicants requiring an entry visa
Periods for the admissions tests in 2015:
- May 5 – 19;
- June 15 – 30;
- July 13 – 24;
- August 03 – 17.
*The educational certificate needs to be
- legalised if required
- recognized in the Russian Federation (to have either a recognition certificate or an equivalence certificate if required)
List and Forms of 2015 Admissions Tests for Main Master Programmes at St. Petersburg State University http://abiturient.spbu.ru/images/2015/VI/mag_ino_2015_EN.htm
FOR APPLICANTS ON GOVERNMENT-FUNDED BASIS
Requirements for documents 2014 http://abiturient.spbu.ru/images/2014/foreigns/kriterii_en.htm
As specified in the Governmental decree of Russian Federation (October, 8 2013 № 891"On Fixing an Education Quota for Foreign Nationals and Stateless Citizens in the Russian Federation"), foreign citizens are provided an opportunity to take part in an Competition for state-funded educational places at Universities in Russian Federation, including SPbU (funded from the budget of Russian Federation). Information about order of admission will be available on this page in the terms defined by the Government of the Russian Federation. http://abiturient.spbu.ru/index.php/russkij/admissions-of-foreign-citizens/admissions-of-foreign-citizens/m-admission-procedure-gov
Full information on the rules and admission process for undergraduate and graduate programs can be found on the official website of St. Petersburg State University Admissions Commission: http://abiturient.spbu.ru/
- Our students are B.A. graduates and young professionals from Russia and other countries with the background in International Relations, Political Science, History, Linguistics, Sociology, Economics, Law, Psychology, and Journalism.
- Our program is of particular interest for B.A. graduates and young professionals from the field of Oriental Studies since it allows them to substantially enhance their expertise of the field.
- The program is also popular among young professionals from Asia Pacific countries. Among its alumni there have been citizens of the United States, China, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand and other countries.
- Our students have opportunities to take part in various academic exchange programs, including ones for language study practice in China and Japan. The partnership arrangements are currently being discussed with Korean University (Republic of Korea) and University of California San Diego (the U.S.).