Photos of university / #barcelonagse
At the Barcelona GSE, you will find talented people who are committed to frontier research and graduate education in Economics.
The Barcelona GSE recruits talented, analytically-minded students from all over the world to join these nine-month, full-time master programs. Over 88% of the student body comes from outside Spain (37% from outside Europe).
All courses are taught in English by professors holding a PhD (41% from US universities, 21% from Spanish universities, and 38% from universities in other countries). A community of over 150 Barcelona GSE Affiliated Professors working on Economics, Finance, Data Science, and related areas is drawn from four top-flight academic units, offering students the possibility for regular, direct contact with leading instructors in their field.
Barcelona GSE masters programs combine theoretical and applied perspectives. This dual approach prepares graduates for entry into competitive doctoral programs and top analytical jobs. (Over 90% of the Class of 2015 got a job or began a PhD within three months of graduation.) The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics offers three master’s degrees, each with specialized programs of study that let you focus on the skills and knowledge you need for your individual career goals:
Master’s Degree in Economics and Finance
Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis
- Competition and Market Regulation
- Economics of Public Policy
- International Trade, Finance, and Development
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets
Master’s Degree in Data Science
- Data Science
The Barcelona GSE master programs have been “Approved with Excellence” by the Spanish Ministry of Education, and the master’s degrees are officially recognized within the framework of the Bologna Process.
Key factors about Barcelona GSE:
- The Barcelona GSE community constitutes one of the leading clusters of economics research in Europe and worldwide. Research Papers in Economics (RePEc) ranks Barcelona GSE Top 10 among European Economic institutions and Top 20 in Economics departments globally.
- The academic excellence of the Barcelona GSE rests on the talent, enthusiasm and drive of its world-class faculty, with more than 150 affiliated and guests professors, drawn from leading universities and companies around the world.
- The Barcelona GSE community constitutes one of the leading clusters of economics research in Europe and worldwide. Barcelona GSE Alumni are currently working and continuing their education in about 70 countries worldwide.
- 92% of the 2015-16 Class Year graduates have been placed 6 months after graduation.
- An inspiring vibrant city to spend an exciting year: Barcelona is a well-known cluster for education in economics and business. A cosmopolitan city with citizens coming from around the world to enjoy its rich culture and lifestyle at a lower cost of living compared to other European cities.