Photos of university / #imiswitzerland
IMI International Management Institute, Switzerland is a unique private school offering cutting edge hospitality education. It is a world-renowned international hotel management school with strong links in all continents of the globe. At the same time, it has deliberately remained small with a maximum of 220 students per semester, thus delivering a highly personalised educational experience. Graduates can be found in senior management positions all around the world.
Advantages of IMI:
- IMI guarantees to find job opportunities for all graduates
- Amazing landscapes around campus and great opportunities for travelling
- Courses validated by leading UK universities
- Excellent quality assurance and recognition
- Outstanding visiting faculty
- Small classes, personal coaching
History of IMI
IMI International Management Institute Switzerland first opened its doors on July 30th 1991. Its founders Mr. Heinz Bürki, Mr. Tom Maher and Mr. Rudolf Fischer along with 10 staff members welcomed 55 students. Today IMI’s 60 strong staff welcomes around 200 students per semester from all over the world to our Luzern campus.
- Registration fee of 2,800 chf to be paid within 21 days
- Motivation Letter, outlining who you are, why you would like to study at IMI in Switzerland and your plans for your future career in this industry - approx. 500 words
- CV/Résumé in english
- Transcripts/Certificates of your academic qualifications since High School
- Students transferring from recognised hotel management schools must also include official transcripts or records for each semester of their previous course of study
- Work references or reports if available, especially for the MBA Degree programmes.
- IELTS, TOEFL, or equivalent English test results
- Two recent passport photographs (3.5 x 4.5 cm), make sure background is white or grey, if it is colour it might be refused
- Copy of passport and swiss residence permit where applicable
- Certificate of good health completed by a licensed physician. A specific form for your doctor can be downloaded from http://imi-luzern.com/requirements
In most countries the Swiss Embassy/Consulate may also request the following additional documentation
- Bank Statement showing proof of sufficient financial funds (if possible in student's name, if not in the parent’s name)
- Evidence of English certification
- Letter of intent to leave Switzerland after completion of studies
- Motivation Letter
Our programmes are validated by leading UK universities and institutions including
- Manchester Metropolitan University,
- Oxford Brookes University
- Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality
As an institute we are recognised by various Swiss and international bodies including
- British Accreditation Council
- Swiss Private School Register
- Canton of Luzern
- Council for Hospitality Management Education – CHME
- World Association of Chefs Society – WACS
Student life @IMI
The IMI campus is situated on the shores of Lake Luzern with spectacular views over the Alps and the Mountains of Rigi and Pilatus. Our students are housed in comfortable rooms close to the lecture theatres, restaurants and leisure facilities.
In the Kastanienbaum our accommodation has stunning views of Lake Luzern and Mount Pilatus with many rooms having a private balcony. All accommodation offers you a safe and warm experience in the traditional Swiss family way.
Whether you choose one of our shared rooms on campus or our single student rooms they are all fully furnished with modern study facilities, refrigerators, safe, kettle, plenty of storage space and 24 hour wireless internet connection.
We offer the following room categories:
- Twin standard room with shared shower
- Single standard room wth shared shower
- Twin ensuite
- Single ensuite
Live Green, Live Clean - This is Switzerland.
Every day you will enjoy fresh, delicious food delivered to your table from the local, specially selected, farms and lakes around our campus. Only 12 minutes away is the stunning, historic city of Luzern, with its cultural events and vibrant cafe culture. Situated in the heart of Europe, you can take the train to Paris, Rome or Berlin.
We guarantee job opportunities
We promise to find job opportunities for all our graduates. This makes us exceptional among hotel schools. In the first weeks at IMI, you will meet with our Head of Internships, Careers and Alumni to start your personal development programme. Our excellent industry contacts and on-campus recruitment mean that during your time at IMI you will attend inspirational presentations and interview with major hotel chains and industry leaders. Internships are paid and are tailored to your individual needs to allow you to develop and hone the skills learnt in the classroom. Our Internship office will find you a paid practical training after every semester either in Switzerland or abroad.
You study in the heart of Europe
Luzern is a beautiful, medieval, university city with a large international student population. It is in the heart of German speaking Switzerland, a region famous for its quality education. Of all the cities in Switzerland, Luzern is considered the most beautiful. Thanks to Switzerland’s amazing rail and road network and five international airports you can use your time at IMI to explore all of Europe. You can be in class in the morning and lying on a beach in Nice in the afternoon or skiing at daybreak and perusing the Louvre by nightfall.
We offer exceptional value
A qualification from IMI is a stamp of excellence on any CV and will ensure that you are top of the pile for those all important interviews. Here at IMI we have made it our mission to give great value for money in terms of the education you receive. Why take four years when we can achieve it all in two and a half. To do this, we have deliberately restricted numbers to ensure small class sizes and excellent student/teacher ratios. You can complete your degree nearly a whole year earlier without compromising on quality. This means you will have been earning for twelve months before you would have graduated from almost any other validated University.
You become part of the IMI family
IMI is a friendly school where the emphasis is on creating happy, confident and successful students. We are also an international school and we pride ourselves on diversity. Each semester we welcome students of many different nationalities and social backgrounds. IMI positions itself unequivocally as an academic and inclusive school in which strong personalised academic support ensures that no-one is left behind. It is this staff dedication and student focus which give our graduates the confidence and professionalism which makes them so attractive to future employers.