Photos of university / #imiswitzerland
This programme prepares students for the demands of senior management and allows a measure of specialisation in a combination of two fields of study; Hotel and Tourism. The curriculum focuses on the strategic business development of organisations and the Dissertation allows self study and for students to further specialise. This is for students who intend to make their management careers in the industry and wish to be best placed to achieve rapid promotion.
Total academic value of the programme is equal to 120 credits. Core courses that are included are:
- Personal Professional Development
- Applied Research in the Hospitality, Tourism and Events Industry
- International Marketing Management
- Pathway Dissertation
- Hospitality Leadership and Innovation
- Sustainable Tourism Planning and Development
- BA with Honours in International Hotel and Tourism Management, awarded by IMI, Switzerland
- BA with Honours in International Hotel and Tourism Management, awarded by Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- IMI Higher Diploma or equivalent
- Six months work/internship experience
- English proficiency: 5.5 IELTS or equivalent
As a private institution, IMI does not provide any full scholarships and students are expected to be in a position to finance their own studies in Switzerland, especially as this will be a requirement by the Swiss immigration authorities for the study visa application.
However, we have a number of initiatives listed below that are linked to IMI's admissions strategy, which aim to assist motivated people to study at our institution.
In order to enhance students’ knowledge and skills, we are pleased to offer some students the opportunity to gain some further experience during their academic semester. Selected students will dedicate a few hours per week for practical experience in one of departments at IMI.
For more information about these community scholarships, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be delighted to provide you with some more information.
Academic scholarships are granted based on outstanding academic performance.
The recipients of the following awards will receive a scholarship which will be financially credited towards their next semester of study at IMI:
- Best in Semester Certificate Student: CHF 1,000
- Best in Semester Higher Diploma Student: CHF 1,000
- Best in Semester Diploma Student: CHF 1,000
- Best in Semester Postgraduate Diploma Student: CHF 1,000
- Best in Semester BA (Hons) Student: CHF 1,000
- Best Dissertation by a BA (Hons) Student: CHF 1,000
The recipients of the following awards will receive a financial scholarship from IMI:
- For 3 semesters and receiving a BA (Hons) degree with first class honours.
- For students completing 3 semesters at IMI and receiving an MBA degree with distinction CHF 6,000
Prestige awards are granted based on outstanding personal and professional performance. Prizes will be presented to the award-winners at the graduation ceremony. The awards are as follows:
- Award for Best Newcomer Award for Personal Achievement
- Award for Professional Attitude Award for the Best PDP e-Portfolio
- The Tom Maher Prize Award Award for Outstanding Citizenship
- The Rudolf Fischer Prize Award Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Community