Photos of university / #imiswitzerland
This programme prepares you to be a future industry leader in a world of luxury. You will learn how management has developed in its relationship to hospitality and luxury brands and have an in-depth understanding of international business and the services industry. You will gain confidence through your academic and practical training in areas such as marketing, finance, strategy, e-commerce and human resources management and you will specialize through Luxury Brands Management with hands on workshops from various industries.
Total academic value of the programme is equal to 200 credits. Core courses that are included are:
- Research Methods for Business
- Human Resources Across Cultures
- Financial Management and Accounting
- International Strategic Management
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership in Hospitality
- International Events Management
- Economics in Management
- E-Business and Marketing for Hospitality
- Non Residential Dissertation or Field Consulting Project
- Introduction to Luxury Business Management
- New Brand Development
- Customer Relationship Management
- Luxury Brand Design Workshops
- Luzern MBA in Luxury Brands and Services Management, awarded by IMI, Switzerland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Luxury Brands and Services Management, awarded by the Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality, UK
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- English proficiency: 6.0 IELTS or equivalent
As a private institution, IMI does not provide any full scholarships and students are expected to be in a position to finance their own studies in Switzerland, especially as this will be a requirement by the Swiss immigration authorities for the study visa application.
However, we have a number of initiatives listed below that are linked to IMI's admissions strategy, which aim to assist motivated people to study at our institution.
In order to enhance students’ knowledge and skills, we are pleased to offer some students the opportunity to gain some further experience during their academic semester. Selected students will dedicate a few hours per week for practical experience in one of departments at IMI.
For more information about these community scholarships, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be delighted to provide you with some more information.
Academic scholarships are granted based on outstanding academic performance.
The recipients of the following awards will receive a scholarship which will be financially credited towards their next semester of study at IMI:
- Best in Semester Certificate Student: CHF 1,000
- Best in Semester Higher Diploma Student: CHF 1,000
- Best in Semester Diploma Student: CHF 1,000
- Best in Semester Postgraduate Diploma Student: CHF 1,000
- Best in Semester BA (Hons) Student: CHF 1,000
- Best Dissertation by a BA (Hons) Student: CHF 1,000
The recipients of the following awards will receive a financial scholarship from IMI:
- For 3 semesters and receiving a BA (Hons) degree with first class honours.
- For students completing 3 semesters at IMI and receiving an MBA degree with distinction CHF 6,000
Prestige awards are granted based on outstanding personal and professional performance. Prizes will be presented to the award-winners at the graduation ceremony. The awards are as follows:
- Award for Best Newcomer Award for Personal Achievement
- Award for Professional Attitude Award for the Best PDP e-Portfolio
- The Tom Maher Prize Award Award for Outstanding Citizenship
- The Rudolf Fischer Prize Award Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Community