Photos of university / #lifeatkings
This MACP-approved programme equips physiotherapists with the skills and knowledge to become advanced practitioners who are able to comprehensively assess and manage individuals with neuromusculoskeletal problems and design, implement and evaluate rehabilitation programmes tailored to the needs of individuals with neuromusculoskeletal problems. It combines strong academic and scientific content with practical workshops taught by experienced expert clinicians. PurposeThis programme provides the educational opportunities that will enable physiotherapists to develop the knowledge, research understanding, clinical, analytical and reasoning skills required for advanced physiotherapy assessment and management of people with neuromusculoskeletal conditions.Key Benefits * Internationally and nationally respected research-active teaching staff.
* Graduation from the programme confers eligibility for registration as a member of the Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MACP).
* Facilitates career progression in a diverse range of physiotherapy careers eg extended scope practitioner, consultant / clinical specialist physiotherapist, private physiotherapy practitioner, educator and researcher.
Core programme content All modules on the programme must be taken and passed. These are:
* Physiotherapy Practice in the Lower Quadrant
* Physiotherapy Practice in the Upper Quadrant
* Clinical Education in Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy
* Research Process & Practice applied to Tissues in Health & Disease
* Muscle & Exercise Physiology
* Neuroscience, Pain & Rehabilitation
* Research Project in Advanced Physiotherapy (Neuromusculoskeletal).
Delivered by a combination of formal taught sessions, seminars, prosections, practical sessions, clinical placements and self-directed learning. Assessment is by written assignments and written, oral, practical and clinical examinations. The research project is presented to an invited audience.
Academic requirements:Minimum Undergraduate degree with 2nd Class honours (or internatonal equivalent) or equivalent degree in physiotherapy; for physiotherapists qualifying pre-1993, a Diploma in Physiotherapy. Additional requirements: * Minimum of one year's experience working as a physiotherapist assessing and managing clients with musculoskeletal problems. * Registration with the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC) and membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP, for professional indemnity cover) is mandatory prior to enrolment onto the programme. English Language Requirements CAE score: (read more) Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever. 80 (Grade A)
Most commonly self- or employer-funded. Members can apply to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or the Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists for funding towards costs.
Approved by the Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MACP).