Scientific technology that utilizes the quantum effect has advanced rapidly and the base of advanced scientific technology typified by electronics is ever-expanding. Advanced materials and devices, and underlying scientific technology of their processes are sought for the resolution of the various issues of modern society, and the development of a society with harmony between man and nature in the 21st Century.
This major is for the training of engineers and researchers who can profoundly and comprehensively understand the synthesis, the structure, the property, and the value of materials, the integration technology of the production process and system of fine devices, and the applied technology of light, plasma and electromagnetic fields by organically combining the understanding at a micro and macro level.
Interdisciplinary education related to the basics of the quantum process, and the technological application of the materials/device process and the quantum process is provided for students who have completed their basic education in physics, electrical engineering and electronics, applied chemistry, materials engineering, chemical engineering and mechanical engineering so that they could acquire a cross-disciplinary expert knowledge. Moreover, engineers and researchers with advanced expert knowledge on advanced science and technology are trained through practical education and research guidance provided by leading academics from home and abroad by utilizing the collaborative courses.
ASEM consits of six divisions and one reseach center as follows.
- Electric Process Engineering
- Optical Functional Material Engineering
- Quantum Physicality
- Molecular Process Engineering
- Molecular Material Science
- Functional Physical Evaluation
- Art, Science and Technology Center for Cooperative Research
- Applicants MUST pay an admission fee of 30,000 JPY.
- Application form
- Graduation certificate or statement that confirms expected graduation
- Academic record
- Letter of recommendation
- Score certificate of general English qualifying examination (TOEIC, TOEFL or Cambridge ESOL examination (FCE, CAE or CPE) )
- MEXT Scholarship