Photos of university / #bsb.international
Join our top-level graduate programme in the heart of the world’s most famous vineyards
BSB's MBA Wine & Spirits Business is a high-level training course, ranked second best international MBA taught in France (Le Moci 2021).
With a strong strategic, commercial and management focus, this intense programme gives you a sound grasp of the requirements of the global market by offering a range of cultural experiences and developing your understanding of the intricacies of the global business of wine and spirits.
It is ideal for those looking to reach middle to upper managerial positions in the industry or create their own business.
Year after year, students tell us that the content of our programme, together with the diversity of high-achieving students joining this MBA from all regions of the world, make it a truly life changing experience!
FAST PACED CURRICULUM
Professors at BSB continuously adapt their teaching methods and curriculum to keep up with the fast pace of change in today’s society. As a result, the exact list of guest speakers, field trip destinations, and elective modules offered each semester may vary from one year to the next depending on a speaker’s availability, travel limitations, or the curriculum itself.
Free Intensive French Classes
As a BSB student enrolled on the MBA Wine & Spirits Business, you can benefit from an optional French as Foreign Language Intensive Course before the MBA programme begins for no extra cost. Choose between:
- 45 hours of classes (15 hours per week) from September 6 to 24 before classes begin on September 27.
- Or take a one-week seminar of 20 hours, beginner or intermediate level, with a dedicated French as a Foreign Language teacher who also has a wine tourism background.
- Work on real case studies, master the methods to analyse and improve a business and learn how to become a specialised manager.
- Wine and spirits marketing: planning, analysis tools, brand positioning, communication plans management, consumer profiles and behaviour, brand attributes, portfolio management, product and service positioning, PR and reputation management.
- Company strategy, wine and society, industry challenges.
- Evaluation of wine and spirits markets, business review (for example: La Compagnie des Indes or Bouchard Pères & Fils).
- Wine business finance principles and economic environment.
- Corporate Social Responsibility in the wine and spirits industry.
- Understanding the international legal environment of the wine and spirits industry.
- Champagne wine and law seminar.
- International and contemporary legal issues in the wine business.
Career and Leadership
- Workshop in leadership
- Personal branding
Conferences and Field Trips
- Meet senior-level professionals to be inspired and gather best practices.
- Germany - Seminar on Digitisation, in partnership with Geisenheim University.
- France - Visits to Burgundy, Champagne, Jura, Beaujolais, Rhône.
International Markets and Distribution
- Logistics with a country focus on USA, Canada, China, Scandinavia, and France.
- Wine exporting and retailing.
- Real case study with Wines of Chile importing or a Tequila Conference.
- Real case study with Berry Bros. & Rudd Wine and Spirits importing, distribution and communication.
- Wine buying process and negotiation training.
- Wine tourism.
- Deepen your skills in strategy and business plan implementation.
- Markets and main players: evaluating wine markets, advanced module.
- Advanced principles in wine business finance.
- Societal issues: wine, spirits and society.
- Research for the professional thesis or business plan
Career and Leadership
- Personal branding, advanced module.
- Entrepreneurship, advanced module.
- Managing people and organisations: how to manage a team all around the world.
- Learning about the latest product and marketing innovation in the industry.
- Strategic planning, crisis management, and adapting to disruption in the wine business.
- Spirits and liqueurs of the world
Conferences and Field Trips
- Meeting inspiring professionals.
- Field trip in Dusseldorf (Germany) at the Prowein Trade Fair.
- Clos des Lambrays: a field trip in Burgundy at Domaine Ponsot Beer Day
- Digitalisation in the wine and spirits industry: Geisenheim conference with GrapeAlliance
- Field trip dedicated to Spirits: Couvreur, l’Héritier Guyot for Crème de Cassis, Cognac Ferrand
- Field trip in London (United Kingdom) for one week: Wine Exporting, Distribution, Retail Strategies & Production
- New York (USA) learning expedition for one week: Distribution, Marketing & Communications
In order to receive your diploma, you must submit a professional thesis or business plan at the end of this programme. This paper should contain strong professional writing, qualitative and/or quantitative research, recommendation and a firm conclusion of your analysis.
You can also choose to do an internship during this period, either in France or in a French company abroad. This should last for a maximum of six months, and you will need to obtain an internship contract. Your student status is valid until 31 December.
Applicants should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of professional work experience.
- A proven passion for wine and spirits.
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEIC: 800
- TOEFL IBTL: 82
- Cambridge: B2
- Duolingo: 110
Tuition fees for the MBA Wine & Spirits Business are €29,000. This rate is guaranteed throughout your course and is all-inclusive covering tuition, academic support, conferences and field trips with travel and lodging. Please note, it is your responsibility to obtain any necessary visas for the trips, and our Student Services Department can also assist you with this process.
Scholarships for international students
For the September 2022 intake we are offering 5 merit-based scholarships for talented students coming from all around the world.
- 3 Premier Cru (25% reduction of tuition fees)
- 2 Grand Cru (50% reduction of tuition fees)
The sooner you apply, the greater your chances
Be quick - we review applicants for potential scholarships each month. Get your application in before the next deadline:
- 15 December 2021
- 14 January 2022
- 15 February 2022
- 15 March 2022
- 15 April 2022
The MBA Wine & Spirits Business opens up numerous career opportunities in middle and senior management positions in the wine and spirits sector.
Graduates typically go on to positions such as:
- Managing Director, Founder, Business Unit Director, Area Manager, Portfolio Consultant
- Marketing Director, Brand Manager, Brand Ambassador
- International Account Supervisor, National or International Sales Manager, Key Account Manager, Export Director or Manager
- Wine or Hospitality Educator
- Communications Director, Public Relations Manager
- Hospitality Manager, Event Manager
- Purchasing Manager or Buyer
- Finance Manager
Your professional network will be truly global. BSB offers many opportunities year round to connect with fellow professionals at various alumni events.
- 17,000 BSB alumni including 2,000 wine and spirits professionals in leadership positions