Photos of university / #angliaruskin_su
This course will prepare IT practitioners for a senior management position within an IT department. It concentrates on proven management techniques to achieve optimum use of all resources and increase your awareness of current IT technologies and methodologies.
This course will:
* enable you to demonstrate a systematic understanding of knowledge and critical awareness of current issues relating to the IT industry
* provide you with the intellectual competencies to pursue personal career goals and aspirations
* enable you to identify personal strengths and weaknesses, and to define personal performance targets in terms of leadership style and managerial effectiveness
* enhance inter-personal skills and encourage the development of leadership qualities
* define the goals, parameters and methodology of research and development activity related to IT management, and implement and evaluate this activity.
* A Virtual Test Environment for Business Processes (30 credits)
* IT Infrastructures (30 credits)
* Managing People and Finance in an Advanced Technology Business (30 credits)
* Research Methods (15 credits)
* Secure Systems (15 credits)
* Postgraduate Major Project (60 credits)
A broad range of assessment methods will be used, measuring all aspects of your understanding and skill application. These will include written assignments, laboratory practice, presentations and a major project based dissertation. Recognising that this course relies heavily on knowledge and practical skills, there will be a significant emphasis on laboratory based assignments.