Photos of university / #lifeatpurdue
Keeping data secure is an important goal of any good IT system. Once a system has been breached, personal, financial or classified data becomes vulnerable to exploitation. When you major in cybersecurity at Purdue University, you will learn the skills to create and maintain secure networks as well as ways to track down hackers who aim to breach that security.
The demand for professionals with cybersecurity skills is high, and it will continue to grow as more companies and industries work to safeguard their records and their reputations. The cybersecurity plan of study at Purdue will be able to help meet this need by providing a comprehensive IT education that also emphasizes key security concepts. The major’s holistic approach combines skills such as secure coding, cryptography, digital forensics and UNIX fundamentals with analytical thinking and criminology.
You will have plenty of opportunity for hands-on projects. Whether you are testing vulnerabilities or creating a new security protocol, you will put theories into practice daily. Because of industry partnerships, you will have access to internships that will put your cybersecurity knowledge to use quickly.
- Learn in small, close-knit classes that feature individualized attention
- Work in industry-standard labs to gain the best hands-on experience
- Take advantage of a variety campus-based internships, including one focused on the State of Indiana’s computer network
- Use the program’s stellar reputation and coursework to provide greater chances at employment after graduation
- Learn from world-class cybersecurity and industry experts
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate
|CNIT 18000||Introduction To Systems Development||3|
|TLI 11200||Foundations Of Technology Leadership||3|
|MA 16010||Applied Calculus I||3|
|TECH 12000||Design Thinking in Technology||3|
|CNIT 17600||Information Technology Architectures||3|
|CNIT 15501||Introduction To Software Development Concepts||3|
|COM 11400||Fundamentals Of Speech Communication||3|
|MA 16020||Applied Calculus II||3|
|CNIT 27000||Cybersecurity Fundamentals||3|
|CNIT 24200||System Administration||3|
|Selective||Humanities Foundational Selective||3|
|CNIT 25501||Object-Oriented Programming Introduction||3|
|CNIT 27200||Database Fundamentals||3|
|CNIT 28000||Systems Analysis And Design Methods||3|
|Selective||Lab Science Selective||3|
|CNIT 34400||Network Engineering Fundamentals||3|
|CNIT 32200||Research Methodology and Design||3|
|CNIT 37000||Introduction to Cryptography||3|
|Selective||Professional Speaking Selective||3|
|CNIT 31500||Systems Programming||3|
|CNIT 32000||Policy, Regulation, and Globalization in Information Technology||3|
|CNIT 34010||UNIX Fundamentals||3|
|CNIT 34220||Network Administration||2|
|Selective||Professional Writing Selective||3|
|CNIT 45500||Network Security||3|
|CNIT 47000||Incident Response Management||3|
|Selective||Professional IT Experience Requirement||0|
|CNIT 48000||Managing Information Technology Projects||3|
|CNIT 42000||Basic Cyber Forensics||3|
|CNIT 42200||Cyber Criminology||3|
|CNIT 47100||Vulnerability Analysis and Testing||3|
|Selective||Behavioral/Social Sciences Foundational Selective||3|
- All applicants must graduate from high school or have successfully completed their state’s high school equivalency requirements and Indiana residents are given preference.
- $60 Application Fee
- Original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended.
- SAT or ACT scores with writing is strongly encouraged for international citizens. International citizens who submit an exceptional SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing(new), SAT Critical Reading(old), or ACT English score may be exempt from submitting additional scores. Generally, an exceptional score is within the top 15 percentile
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Though not required, a letter of recommendation is strongly encouraged, especially for students eligible to be considered for scholarships, for the Honors College or for those who are applying to highly competitive programs.
- Purdue Polytechnic Freshman Scholarship