Photos of university
Doctor of Science (Medicine or Dentistry) by submission of published work.
The Faculty of Dentistry was formed in 1926 out of the Faculty of Medicine. From January 1, 1997 the two faculties were amalgamated once more as the Faculty of Health Sciences. The old dental faculty is now the School of Oral Health Science, an equal partner with the other schools in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
The School of Oral Health Sciences resides within the Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital and is a joint member of the Faculty of Health Sciences and the Gauteng Department of Health. Being one of few oral health training institutes in South Africa, the school prides itself in graduating world class dental professionals every year.
- Oral Rehabilitation
- Orthodontics & Paediatric Dentistry
- Oral Medicine & Periodontology
- Maxillofacial & Oral Surgery
- Oral Pathology
- Community Dentistry
- General Dental Practice
- Oral Biological Sciences
- A masters degree from Wits or another university;
- A graduate of this or another university who holds a degree in another faculty whose curriculum has ordinarily extended over not less than four academic years of full-time study
- A supervisor from the Faculty of Humanities must be identified and approached prior to application
- Detailed CV
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- SAQA evaluation
- Proof of payment of application fee
- Letter from Dept. confirming offer
- Confirmation from Department of supervisor are required