The B.A. Degree Program in English Studies at SWPS provides a broad education in a variety of subjects.
- Translation Studies;
- Cultural and Media Studies;
- English with Business Studies;
- English Studies with Computer Applications.
- You will gain practical knowledge and skills that go far beyond a traditional language studies curriculum, in areas such as business studies, international studies, and communication in a working environment;
- You will have a chance to both polish your English to the levels of proficiency and to learn another foreign language (French, German, Spanish, Italian);
- Since we provide an exceptionally wide range of courses of highest standards, you will learn from the best: renowned experts, foreign lecturers and dynamic, young, emerging scholars;
- The English Institute of SWPS is one of the largest private English Studies departments in Poland.
After obtaining a degree from the English Institute of SWPS, you will be proficient in two foreign languages, which will be an exceptional advantage on a job market anywhere in the world. The graduates of the English Institute of SWPS find employment in the media, translation companies, language schools, national and local administration, NGOs, cultural and educational institutions, and PR agencies.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline As early as possible Tuition fee
- EUR 1600 Year (EEA)
- EUR 1600 Year (Non-EEA)
Tuition fee - 1600 Euro/year; Admission fee - 80 Euro (non-refundable)Start date October 2015 Credits (ECTS) 180 ECTS
Duration full-time 36 months Languages Take an IELTS test
- Translation Studies Theory;
- Computer-Assisted Translation Tools (TRADOS);
- Translating Terminology (English-Polish);
- E-learning for Foreign Language Learning;
- Intercultural Communication;
- English for Law and Business;
- Topics in American/British Studies;
- Contemporary Media Culture;
- Analysis and Interpretation of Literary Texts;
- Classic and Modern American and British Cinema.
High school graduation diploma, proficiency in English.
TheAdmission Officer will contact you when your online Application Form (not for Erasmus applicants) will be registrated. Should you have any problems, please fill PDF Application Form and send your application form to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org Following documents will be needed for further procedure:
To apply to English Studies (BA and MA programs) and Psychology in English language (MA program), you need:
- a certificate proving your proficiency in English (the list according to Appendix), or
- an entrance exam at SWPS (dates to be fixed)
Documents required after the qualification and before the beginning of the academic year:
- a copy of a visa
- a copy of an insurance policy, a copy of the European Health Insurance Card or a certificate of accession to the National Healthcare System (NFZ) immediately after the beginning of studies
- the original of your high school diploma (before the process of nostrification)
- the original of the legalization/apostille (before the process of nostrification)
- the original of a Polish translation of your high school diploma and the legalization/apostille before the process of nostrification
Documents required untill the end of the 1st semester (in cases when nostrification is required):
- the original of a sworn translation into Polish of the certificate of your high school diploma and the legalization/apostille*
- a certificate of the nostrification** of your high school diploma
- the original of your high school diploma
* Legalization or Apostille is an official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a document is genuine. This document stating that your diploma is valid in Poland is required for the completion of the admission process.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Social Sciences and Humanities.