Photos of university / #umncrookston
The best entrepreneurs are those who possess a solid functional knowledge of the business world, the skills and vision to inspire and motivate others, and the ability to navigate change and persist in the belief of their ideas. The University of Minnesota Crookston can help you strengthen your skills and expand your knowledge base while mentoring your enthusiasm and drive.
Entrepreneurial behavior is increasingly recognized as a critical necessity for growth of the economyboth here in the U.S. and internationally. The primary driver of economic growth is the creation of jobs by small businesses. UMCs major in Entrepreneurship provides students access to education and training in skills and behaviors related to the recognition of ideas and potential ventures, feasibility evaluation, assembling resources, and launching of new ventures. Entrepreneurship grads add immediate value in any organizational setting, whether starting their own venture or serving an organization as an employee.
The field of entrepreneurship offers considerable career flexibility and opportunity advancement in many areas. A strong entrepreneur has knowledge of business development and finance as well as creativity, innovation, and drive. UMC students receive training and practical experience in entrepreneurship delivered by faculty who excel in mentoring students to their greatest potential. Graduates with a UMC Entrepreneurship major will have the opportunity to advance to positions of leadership and build rewarding careers that create economic and social value, strengthen society, and enhance quality of life on a global scale.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline Spring: December 26/Fall: August 14 Tuition fee
- USD 10030 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Program outcomes: graduates will:
- Capability and initiative to identify entrepreneurial opportunity, assess and evaluate risk, and plan for small business ventures
- Leadership and entrepreneurial competencies required to conceptualize, plan, finance, resource, manage, and grow small businesses
- Skills of creativity in relation to organizational challenges and business opportunities
- Effective oral and written communication skills in various mediums and organizational contexts
- Effective evaluation skills in determining appropriate resources and necessary courses of action
- Ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds and personal priorities toward the accomplishment of goals
- Accounting Systems
- Business Writing
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Entrepreneurial Marketing (3.0 cr)
- Entrepreneurial and Small Business Finance
- Field Studies in Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Strategies
- Orientation to Online Learning
- Business Law
- Business Ethics
- Principles of Management
- Fundamentals of E-Business
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Accounting I
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Accounting II
- Managerial Accounting
- Agribusiness Financial Records
- Business Plan Development for Agribusiness
- Business Planning
- Professional Agriselling
- Personal Selling
Apply to University of Minnesota, Crookston (UMC) as a freshman if you have earned or attempted fewer than 24 semester or 36 quarter college credits after high school graduation. All prospective students are encouraged to apply for admission. Students who have not been granted a standard high school diploma must pass the GED test before they are admitted as a regular student.Application Process:
- Complete an Application for Admission
- Submit a $30 non-refundable application fee
- Submit official high school transcripts
- Submit ACT or SAT test scores (UMC ACT code 2129)
- Submit official college transcripts for all college credits attempted or earned
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.