Photos of university / #umbclife
Finance provides an educational foundation for careers involving financial analysis and management, investment analysis and portfolio management, investment banking, insurance and risk management, banking, and international finance.
The Finance curriculum is designed to familiarize the student with the institutions, theory, and practice involved in the allocation of financial resources within the private sector. It is also designed to incorporate foundation study in such related disciplines as economics and the quantitative areas.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline November 1; January 20; August 1; Tuition fee
- USD 9427 Year (National)
- USD 29720 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
- Financial Management
- Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory & Policy
- Special Topics in Finance
- Investment Fund Management: Lemma Senbet Fund
- Operations Research for Management Decision
- Financial Statement Analysis
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 575 TOEFL iBT® test : 100
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
- The completed online application for undergraduate admission, due by Nov. 1 for best consideration for the fall semester
- A nonrefundable application fee of $65
- Official transcripts from all high schools attended
- Letters of recommendation from your school counselor and a teacher
- All official standardized test scores, sent directly by the Educational Testing Service or the ACT Program
- An official copy of your college transcripts
- An activities and awards list or resume detailing your community, arts, leadership, athletic, family involvements, work experience and other extracurricular activities and hobbies in order of interest to you.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Maryland.
The University of Maryland awards a variety of scholarships from federal, state, and institutional resources to help defray the student's cost of education. Scholarships and grants are gift funds that do not need to be repaid. Merit-based scholarships are primarily awarded to students based on academic performance; while need-based grants are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need based on the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.Students holding only the following Visas are not eligible for any federal, state, or institutional financial aid:
- Student Visas (F1 or F2).
- Exchange Visitor Visas (J1 or J2).
- G-Series Visas (international organizations).
- Non-citizens with only I-688A or I-688B Cards.
- Non-citizens with only a Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I-464).
- Non-citizens with only Family Unity Status (Form I-797).
- United States citizen (native-born or naturalized).
- U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain's Island).
- U.S. permanent resident. Must have an I-151, I-551, or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card), or a Passport or an I-94 Form with a stamp indicating I-551 status.
- Indefinite Parole"and/or Humanitarian Parole
- Asylum Granted
- Cuban-Haitian Entrant, Status Pending
- Conditional Entrant
- Temporary Resident with an I-688 Card.
The University of Maryland has been ranked No. 20 among national public universities in the 2015 U.S. News Best Colleges rankings, released today. This is the 12th year that the university has been ranked in the top 20.