With a focus on investigative approaches and techniques over practical laboratory-based analysis methods, this course will provide you with the practical skills required to interpret and present analytical evidence associated with the explanation and solution of criminal and civil cases.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- A teaching team who have links with a wide range of investigative agencies including local police forces, Her Majestys Revenue and Customs (HMRC), benefit fraud, social work and child protection agencies and specialist forensic investigators who may offer placements throughout the course;
- Guest lectures led by investigative professionals who provide specialist and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of their particular fields;
- A team of multidisciplinary experts from various subjects including criminologists, lawyers, chemists, forensic scientists, investigators and psychologists who bring their research and practical experiences in to their teaching;
- Using real-life case studies and scenarios, as well as traditional academic approaches, to develop transferable skills relating to the collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of evidence.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 8586 Module (EEA)
- GBP 10950 Module (International)
This multidisciplinary degree encourages you to apply essential elements of psychology, criminology, law, computing and the use of photography and video, and draws on staff expertise from across these disciplines.
In your first year you will study: criminology, criminal and civil law, policing studies, investigative interviewing, and forensic science.
In later years you will study: forensic computing, fraud investigation, and careers for forensic investigators. You will be encouraged to relate the skills and abilities you have developed to a number of different employment opportunities beyond Forensic Crime Scene Analysis.
Your course will be based on a series of lectures, with associated seminars and workshop practical classes. In addition, your personal tutor will review and discuss your progress with you and will be available for advice.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Essential Entry Requirements
- 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English Language, Mathematics and Science, or specified equivalents.
- A-Levels: BCC. Excludes General Studies
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DMM
Access: The Access Diploma to include 30 Level 3 credits at Distinction. Access applicants can meet the GCSE requirements through their current studies and do not need to have these qualifications separately.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 28 points
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Coventry University.
FundingMerit Scholarship Scheme
Merit Scholarship scheme: £1,000, in year one only and based on academic performance.
- Available to all international students applying for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Coventry University.
- Scholarships are allocated on the basis of academic merit. (Postgraduate applicants must hold 2.1 or equivalent, undergraduate applicants must hold A-levels or equivalent at grades BBC)
- There is no separate scholarship application process: all undergraduate applications from self-funded international students from any non-EU country and postgraduate applications from international, will automatically be considered for a merit award. You will not have to do anything, if you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office.
Occasionally, funding becomes available to enable the University, either centrally, through one of the faculties or from other sources, to offer research studentships in specified topics or fields of study.Science Without Borders
Brazilian students are able to apply for full scholarship - including tuition fees and accommodation - to study undergraduate sandwich programmes at Coventry University.Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers opportunities to Commonwealth citizens to study in the UK, as part of the UK's contribution to the international Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
If you are a citizen of a developed Commonwealth country, you can apply for:
Scholarships for PhD and split-site (PhD) study
If you are a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, you can apply for
- Scholarships for Masters, PhD, or split-site (PhD) study at UK universities
- Shared Scholarships for Masters study at selected UK universities
If you are a citizen of the Maldives, St Helena or the Seychelles, you can apply for:
- Scholarships for undergraduate study at UK universities
Ferguson Trust Scholarships are made available through the generosity of The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust. The Trust was set up in memory of two generations of the Ferguson family to promote education, international friendship and understanding, and the promotion of world peace and development. The Trust supports people from low-income and conflict-affected regions who want to improve their knowledge of peace and reconciliation. Scholarship amounts vary and are dependent on individual circumstances and assessment.
Endorsement : Skillsmark