Photos of university / #ntu_sg
Nanyang Business School and Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration have joined forces to create a Hospitality Management track in the Nanyang Executive MBA programme designed for senior professionals in the hospitality industry.
The hospitality industry is among the few economic sectors that continues to drive the economy in both developed and emerging markets despite the tenuous economic landscape. In 2012, the sector hit an important milestone when international tourist arrivals surpassed 1 billion. Global industry experts foresee a 4 percent uptick in growth in 2013.
The Asian hospitality sector has been no exception to this positive trend, registering an 8 percent annual growth rate, fuelled largely by the burgeoning middle classes in China, India and ASEAN economies, and the emergence of low cost airlines in the region.
In addition to coursework at NTU and Cornell, participants may also deepen their understanding of sustainable business models, corporate strategy and decision-making tenets by attending an optional module at the Wharton School of Business. The module is offered at a special rate for EMBA participants and alumni.
The Hospitality Management track enables hospitality professionals to gain a competitive edge by helping them identify untapped market opportunities and maximise their organisation’s unique strengths. The track also examines industry-specific issues such as hotel investment and financial strategy and hotel revenue management.
- Adding Value Through HR Management
- Cultural Intelligence
- Asian Branding
- Economic Issues in Asia
- Hotel Revenue Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Essentials of the Hotel Investment and Finance Decisions
- Managing Change
- Inspiring Motivation, Commitment & Performance
- Hospitality Accounting & Finance Management
- Asian Hotel Customers: Changing Faces, Personas & Customer Experiences
- Strategic Hospitality Management
- Leading High Impact Team Workshop
- Valuation of Businesses
- Asian Leadership
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Financial Risk Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge & Technology Management
- Live Industrial Consultancy (LiNC) Project
- A detailed résumé or career summary, including details of your current responsibilities and reporting relationship.
- Two referee reports completed by your supervisor or colleague who can attest to your management potential and ability to successfully complete the programme.
- Verified copies of academic certificates and transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended. Official English translations must be provided for any documentation in another language.
- Professional membership certificates and awards, if applicable.
- Photocopy of relevant pages in your passport or identification card.
- Passport-sized colour photograph (email to email@example.com)
- Non-refundable application fee of S$200.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognised university
- Candidates who do not possess a bachelor’s degree but have equivalent management experience will also be considered. In these cases, successful completion of the GMAT may be required.
- Complete fluency in English
- NBS Scholarship
- Singapore Tourism Board Scholarship