Study program of integrated academic studies Pharmacy-medical biochemistry to acquire academic title of Master of Pharmacy-medical biochemist, lasts 5 years and performs in 10 semesters with a total of 3990 hours of instruction. Classes are held in the form of lectures, practical exercises, seminars, field trips, themed workshops, undergraduate practice and students research work in function of producing their graduate thesis.
Total engaging students through all forms of education provided is expressed by the number of 300 ECTS credits. The implementation of ECTS was done according to non-modularised system (subjects can have different number of points so that the total number of credits in one academic year is 60). Number of credits for each subject was determined by comparing the set of tasks which students need to do to accomplish learning goals and outcomes. Student provides scores for the course after passing the final exam.
During the study, student gains adequate knowledge of the laboratory diagnosis, the patient, the health care system and medical-biochemical activity in the health care system. Also, student qualifies for working in medical-biochemical, toxicological and sanitary laboratory which performs medical-biochemical activity and the activity of toxicological and sanitary chemistry.
Elective courses are scheduled in V, VI, VIII and IX semester. The curricula of elective courses are designed to allow students to expand their knowledge on some topics that are less processed within the required subjects, improve their informatics, gain a good basis for doing research work and to be appropriately introduced with the basic principles of Good laboratory practice and clinical medicine.
Classes in all courses take place in one semester in accordance with the teaching plan.
The most important methods of teaching are:
1. interactive theoretic lectures
2. students practical work in laboratories
Interactive theoretic lectures feature a discussion of teachers and students on the topic that is the object of lectures and provides students a better understanding of the material in comparison to traditional methods of theoretical teaching ex cathedra. This type of teaching is characterized by the use of multimedia presentations as the most modern means for displaying the instructional content.
Students' practical work in the laboratories is performed as a demonstration of specific skills or procedures with the active participation of students and as an independent experimental students work with the defined goal (the result of analysis, synthesis of preparation, etc.).
Production of term papers allows students to rehearse the independent use of literature, electronic databases and presentation of selected topics that they have dealt with minimal help of subjects teachers and assistants.
The objectives of the study program
The overall objective of the study Pharmacy-medical biochemistry is graduates to have a high level of knowledge about medical biochemistry and to be well trained to work independently in their future profession and to achieve high standards of academic conduct (specially ethics and morality), in profession as well as in society in general. One of the most significant and strategically important goals of high education in every developed society, and so of this program, is also to get a good basis for further professional and scientific training of graduate students.
Accordingly, general objectives of the study program of integrated academic studies in Pharmacy-medical biochemistry are to enable graduate students to perform activities in following fields:
- - Work in laboratories in health care (primary, secondary and tertiary health care; offices and institutes)
- - Industry (production of reagents, reagent distribution, marketing of reagents)
- - Education, science and research (middle, high graduate and postgraduate education; scientific research; continual professional education)
- - Legislation (Agency for Drugs and Medical Devices of the Republic of Serbia and other relevant institutions).
Specific objectives of this program are to provide students with knowledge and skills related to:
- - Application and importance of the laboratory analysis for the diagnosis, monitoring and prognosis of the disease,
- - Handling of instruments and equipment,
- - Protection of laboratory personnel,
- - Safe handling of chemicals, biological materials and medical waste
- - Measurement procedures quality control,
- - Use of professional literature and the Internet,
- - Oral and written communication with patients, physicians, other health professionals and the public,
- - Generating and critical evaluation of information and data,
- - Use of professional literature and information systems,
- - Identifying and solving problems and making decisions.
In accordance with the objectives adequate standards are set for the teaching loads, teaching methods and the selection of teachers and staff who participate in its implementation.
- Farmaceutski engleski jezik
- Biologija sa humanom genetikom
- Opta hemija
- Organska hemija
- Statistika u farmaciji
- Bioorganska hemija
- Neorganska hemija
- Fizicka hemija
- Analiticka hemija I
- Uvod u medicinsku biohemiju
- Organska analiza
- Analiticka hemija II
- Instrumentalna farmaceutska analiza
- Molekularna biologija ´celije
- Opta biohemija I
- Fiziologija I
- Farmaceutska neorganska hemija
- Farmaceutska organska hemija
- Opta biohemija II
- Fiziologija II
- Medicinski engleski jezik
- Izborni blok 1
- Medicinska biohemija I
- Izborni blok 2
- Izborni blok 3
- Medicinska biohemija II
- Kontrola zdravstvene ispravnosti namirnica I
- Izborni blok 4
- Izborni blok 5
- Farmakokinetika sa farmakodinamikom
- Kontrola zdravstvene ispravnosti namirnica II
- Klinicka biohemija sa molekularnom dijagnostikom I
- Izborni blok 6
- Izborni blok 7
- Toksikologija sa analitikom
- Klinicka biohemija sa molekularnom dijagnostikom II
- Medicinska etika
- Izborni blok 8
- Izborni blok 9
- Interakcije i neeljeni efekti lekova
- Klinicka enzimologija
- Klinicko-toksikoloke analize
- Izborni blok 10
- Izborni blok 11
- Izborni blok 12
- Studijski istraivacki rad
- Diplomski rad
- Strucna praksa
- Analitika sportskih suplemenata
- Heterocklicna fizioloki aktivna jedinjenja
- Koloidni sistemi u farmaciji
- Menadment u zdravstvu i farmaciji
- Mehanizmi ´celijske komunikacije
- Klinicka mikrobiologija
- Kontrola kvaliteta u farmaceutskoj industriji
- Etika u predklinickim i klinickim istraivanjima
- Organizacija zdravstvene delatnosti
- Molekularna patologija
- Nanohemija u farmaciji
- Dijetetska hrana i dijetetski suplementi
- Molekularna onkologija
- Poslovni engleski jezik
- Reproduktivna endokrinologija
- Slobodni radikali i antioksidansi - laboratorijska dijagnostika
- Zavisnost i zloupotreba lekova
- Laboratorijska statistika sa obradom podataka
- Laboratorijski menadment i dobra laboratorijska praksa
- Farmaceutski preparati u forenzici
- Klinicka endokrinologija